Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Jan-2006, 22:57

Quote:
Originally posted by deej
i have just received a email from a guy who saw i was bidding on some ducati disks on ebay and this is what he has said.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your e mail and questions, and dont worry, you are not being a pain in asking the questions, as I did too, as I wouldnt risk my life either........

Deej i'm a little confused...you say the guy emailed you as he noticed you were bidding on some discs...then in his email he says that he is responding to YOUR email questions.....?

second his comments sound great...but when i spoke with the seller he confirmed that the discs WERE NOT fully floating as advertised and were standard semi floating discs.

Also stated that the carriers are painted black NOT anodized gold as you show us that he writes in the email...even in the DUC photo the carries are black.

So they are 5mm with no weight per disc known yet, may or may not be painted/anodized carriers...but the rest of the sorry sounds helpful
Old 09-Jan-2006, 23:47
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
throttlehead, he contacted me through ebay originally so i then replied to him via email using all the questions i could get remember from this thread to which he then replied.

this is a differnet seller to the guy who is presently selling them on ebay, hence the higher price and more solid answers to my questions. the disks in the photo i cant upload onto here show them with gold centres.

i will aks him any more questions that you want me to ask him but he sounds a lot safer bet than the other guy.

cheers
Old 10-Jan-2006, 03:15

a lot safer? maybe if that means pay more:P

if he can answer these questions and they are the same discs as the other seller i may be sold.

ask this more knowledgable seller: he stated some of this to some degree already

/ rotor band material
/ true unmounted weight of Ducati SBK carrier/rotor
/ true full floating or semi-floating ?(other dealer I pressed and he admitted/discovered they were semi-float)
/the other dealers carriers he admitts are painted black not ANO
/there is question on thickness of the rotors for the Ducati App....if the truth is 5mm fine...more? i'm very out
Old 14-Jan-2006, 21:56
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
still waiting for a reply back from the guy so have given up on it for the time being throttlehead
Old 14-Jan-2006, 22:58
Mille

Mood: Great
Found this place doing Stealth 2 front 1 rear + pads at £275 delivered
http://www.bargain-biker.com/waveydiscs.html
Old 15-Jan-2006, 01:11
Ducati Meccanica

ive been told to be a bit wairy of the stealth ones.
Old 15-Jan-2006, 11:33
Mille

Mood: Great
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
ive been told to be a bit wairy of the stealth ones.

For what reason?
Old 15-Jan-2006, 13:05
Ducati Meccanica

i was warned away from them from someone on here saying the quality wasnt upto much really