Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Nov-2004, 00:42
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
super! all ready for a good thrashing now. well after its been run in of course.
Old 26-Nov-2004, 00:56
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Yes great news lads thanks,
just got to run her in now 500 miles, as they fitted new crank shaft bearings at the same time as the main bearings so like a new engine and all under warranty as you would expect really.
Also while she was at Bridge she had the 3000 miles / 1 year service done they fitted new belts, so once run in she will be all up and ready to go at last.
I must admit my confidence in Ducati went when all this went ti*s up but now i have her back well !!!!!!!!!!!

i might just have to sell the 2 Aprilias i bought to replace the duke !!!!!!!!!!! one for the track and one for the road !!!!!

Watch this thread.

Regards Phill:bouncy

[Edited on 25-11-2004 by PHILLIP]
Old 26-Nov-2004, 19:50
Mille

Glad to hear uv got your bike back phill, i got my 749r back from bridge last friday which was 7 weeks in total for my oil leak, but fair play to dean i beleive him when he said it was out of his control and he had to wait for an oil seal to come from the factory. Im just glad that it didnt happen say in june cos that would have really p***** me off, i am still waiting to hear from ducati to see wot thay are going to do for me for the time it was laid up ill keep you all informed.
Old 26-Nov-2004, 23:28
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Hi Boyo,
yes mate they said that your bike was done, i bet your glad just waiting for some sun now , i cant fault the dealer, just Ducati at the moment, they will just ask you to submit an expenses form for any compensation i.e. bus fairs etc and they want receipts so hang on to them mate, as if we do !!!!!!!
Bad show though it took longer to get an oil seal for your bike than it did to fault find, strip and rebuild the bottom end of my engine and get all the parts in from the same place.

Watch this SPACE !!!!
Regards Phill