Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Jan-2005, 09:41

Thanks for comments. I mentioned to Snells that I had significantly better deals elsewhere, but they would not/could not really shift. The issue seemed to be around the fact I am trading in a CBR600RR and they are a small dealer so are worried that they will have it hanging around for a while. Their concern is that they have had an old "X" reg CBR600F for sale for nearly a year and don't want the same thing happening with this one so are depressing the trade in value so they don't get stung. Personally I can't see that happening, a CBR600RR, which is still a highly desireable bike, is worth more than the £4400 they are going to take it in at. They will probably shift my year old machine easily and quickly for £5500 but they are the professionals and I don't suppose to tell them what the bike market is doing. What I do know is that the others are all coming up with circa £5000 as the trade in figure.

From my point of view, I would love to get Snells to supply and service the bike, simply due to the fact they are highly recommended. I will certainly try them for servicing, but I suspect they, quite rightly, will give preference and higher service to the owners of machines they supplied over others.

I might try and see if Snells can close the gap, but honestly can't see much happening in that area.... Looks like Pro Twins might be getting my business and they also seem professional.

One way or other, hopefully I will soon by a Ducati owner !!

Gareth...
Old 31-Jan-2005, 09:50
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Have you tried sticking the CBR on ebay? You could stick a reserve on it of £5250 or so and see what happens.
Tim
Old 31-Jan-2005, 09:55
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Have you tried sticking the CBR on ebay? You could stick a reserve on it of £5250 or so and see what happens.
Tim

Good call, plenty of photo's a lengthy and accurate description etc and you should get rid of it.

As you say, they are a popular bike.