Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Dec-2004, 21:35

6 inch rim

Anybody fitted one? Anything they might want to share?

[Edited on 2-12-2004 by Pacman]
Old 02-Dec-2004, 22:16
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Don't see the point. Why would you want one when most of us already drop a tyre size to 170 instead of 180?
Old 03-Dec-2004, 15:25

Because I have a set in the garage loft but before I go changing tyres on them I'd like to know the impressions of anybody who may have already done it ! As far as 170 on 5.5" on a 4V... I bet that turns in real quick with lots of grip! I've heard of 5.75" and 180, but 170? Did you also install a 4.5" rim? I sure hope it works for you. Anyway, if anybody has a 6" please let me know your impressions.
Old 03-Dec-2004, 15:32
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
just to clarify what bike are you talking about here ???
Old 03-Dec-2004, 15:59

1992 851 Strada (with 888 kit). And please I've read plenty of "theoretical dissertations". Anybody done it? What do you think?
Old 07-May-2005, 18:54

Mood: Like a rolling stone......
6 incer fits without any issues............but it's no improvement over the 5.5

Mike
Old 10-May-2005, 01:54
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Did a track day on the T8 at Snet on Friday. As I'm a mechanic for a BSB superstock team, there's loads of Metzeler Racetec tyres floating around our pit, no good for the racebike any more but plenty good enough for trackdays. Anyway trouble is the front's ok at 120 but the rears are all 190's. I slung 'em on anyway, the 190 looks a little oversize for the rim, it pulls in a bit but doesn't look horrendous. It fits into the swinging arm ok too. Anyway after a day thrapping round annoying racers in the fast group ( by going underneath them, heheh) the conclusion is they worked fine. I'm not too slow having raced msyelf so feel at least a bit qualified to say what works and what doesn't. So if this helps anyone then you can use a 190 if it's available. I must concede a 180 or 170 would turn better but to be honest I never thought to myself it was turning noticably slower than i'm used to with a 180. Oh yeah, and the other thing I noticed was 190 or 180, it doesn't seem you need a steering damper on these 888's. although Snet isn't that bumpy. Oh and lastly only problem is you can't get the rear tyre warmer on (but we're all careful on the first couple of laps, aren't we...???!!!)