Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 19-Apr-2004, 11:19
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Foggy,

His results on the track speak for themselves. He may not be Mr smooth in the public persona stakes but if you take some of the stuff he says with a pinch of salt its quite funny.

Even though he has raced for over 3 years people still talk about him, usually having the "love him or lath him debate"

Ray
Old 19-Apr-2004, 12:25
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Only 4 titles, don't the F1s count. The guy was fast very fast even at the TT where he was at one time the lap record holder. Still remember his first WSB win without works machinery under him. I for one enjoyed watching him race didn't matter what bike or what championship he always gave it 100%. I'm sure he did a lot for the crowds at Brands WSB and for Ducati sales in this country.

Indeed Skids, and strike me down with a million inlet valves for over looking his F1 and TT wins. But i had a good point?
Old 20-Apr-2004, 00:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Foggy is the honorary club president!!!

I was just downloading the club membership form and I noticed at the top that Carl Fogarty is the honorary president of the DSC. No wonder my original post got pulled!

Does the steely-eyed one grace the forum ever?

Excuse my ignorance, no offence intended your honour ...

Old 21-Apr-2004, 00:19
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
foggy

at the end of the day Foggy was just there for the racing,not one for strutting in front of the cameras with a false cheesy grin (leave that for the prattish beckenhams)
if he had a **** day everyone knew so what ,it only proves hes more normal like the rest of us.
And as for not putting Ducati at the top of the wish list for most riders because he was riding the best bike at the time and any rider would have done the same,isnt this like dejavou rossi comes to mind i thought the honda was unbeatable.
Ducati would not be in the sales position now if foggy had rode for another competitor long term.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit