Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Aug-2006, 19:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
My M600 is proving a sound investment

I have now owned my 1996 Monster 600 for a little over 2 months having picked it up on the way to Castle Combe on June 9th for £600, it came Tax and Tested and with good tyres.
Things that needed sorting on it were the bent bars (replaced with a set of MotoX ones I had in the garage), front pads (not worn but not very effective), front brake hose replaced with aeroquip, missing front right engine mounting bolt rethreaded and replaced.

in that time it has covered over 2500 miles, been used on the DSC trackdays by Senna3's wife Trudi and for a session by Cath (Rin Sin)

Just purchased some lightly worn Pirelli Diablos from Butch890 at £20 each, 1 front 2 rear.

Insurance cost Zero = £0 as added on as 4th bike to my insurance with Ducati Insurance.

and it is Fun to ride

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 27-Aug-2006, 19:48
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I have now owned my 1996 Monster 600 for a little over 2 months having picked it up on the way to Castle Combe on June 9th for £600, it came Tax and Tested and with good tyres.
Things that needed sorting on it were the bent bars (replaced with a set of MotoX ones I had in the garage), front pads (not worn but not very effective), front brake hose replaced with aeroquip, missing front right engine mounting bolt rethreaded and replaced.

in that time it has covered over 2500 miles, been used on the DSC trackdays by Senna3's wife Trudi and for a session by Cath (Rin Sin)

Just purchased some lightly worn Pirelli Diablos from Butch890 at £20 each, 1 front 2 rear.

Insurance cost Zero = £0 as added on as 4th bike to my insurance with Ducati Insurance.

and it is Fun to ride

Tite get
Old 27-Aug-2006, 21:10
MotoGP God

To right
and when the engine wears out I can drop my 750SS engine into it for a bit more umph

Old 27-Aug-2006, 22:01
Big Twin

Mood: 748ish
Bloody bargain!! I want a M600 for £600 now!
Old 28-Aug-2006, 06:53
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Sounds like you got a good 'un there Kev.They are great little bikes.
Old 28-Aug-2006, 22:49
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Bargain Kev,

You certainly know to get a good deal, thats why I'm on the DD grid for under £2k.

Thanks for your help,

Andy
Old 28-Aug-2006, 23:46
MotoGP God

Andy I'm sure I could put this bike on the grid very cheaply but not ssure it would be that good a idea as its current engine has twice the mileage of the one in your bike and doesn't feel as crisp as the one in my DD bike, but then again for a £600 bike I can't complain and it still trundles around the country roads quite quickly as commented on by Chippy earlier when he followed me back from Fox's on his R1. And as I have a 750 engine, dynojetted carbs ignitors etc sat in the workshop ready to go in I'm not to worried if the engine gives up the ghost at some point. At least it would then free up some DD spares in the way of engine bits, ignition packs etc.