Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Oct-2009, 19:15
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Ghostie Cadwell

Well my first full season and only missed one round, Pembrey. I think I've improved some through the year, but one can't help beating yourself up when you see the front runners lap times, Grrrr its so frustrating.

We park at the paddocks in our little comfort groups, so I need to thank Nog for providing some shelter in the early rounds, till the gazebo demise. We have had some battles on track, face to face and great forum banter. Cheers David and hope your future plans all work out.

Steve Klee (Imola) wouldn't know how to do anyone a bad turn, hope he will be out there again next season. But without rewriting war and peace it is a great friendly paddock with lots of **** taking and some damn good racing.

Sooo. Racing I'll skip the Saturday ones as I don't remember a lot about them, only a good dice with Harriet who kept showing a wheel, but sensible enough to know she couldn't get through safely. So she waited and pipped me at the line by 0.04.

Sunday allcomers had a great race with Kev Palmer (Senna3) on his wheel all the way until I clipped the grass at the gooseneck apex, only one action go straight on and hope for the best. It was on the last lap so I came in without taking the flag.

First Desmo left the line like a scalded cat, outside of Jason Boswell, but he wasn't giving in, the grass was looming so I had to give in.

So tried it again in the braking area for Park at the end of the top straight, but my braking area was some yards further on than Imola Duke and Jason Boswell.

So they were giggling away as I took to the grass with not being able to turn it, bugger. How many times have I told myself you can't beat everyone on the first corner/lap but you can lose it all. I ended up 13th after having a good dice with Kev Ellis (Skids) I just couldn't pass him, I dare not try drastic moves as me or both might hurt.

Second race was much the same, rain just holding off. I had Craig Fisher and Steve Hands, both on class A bikes in front of me. So I tried my late brake at Park again this time it worked and did them both.

On my own for a while, so I thought, just caught a shadow of a bike and Dean Russell storms past. Bugger he has some corner speed too I outdragged him on the start straight and had the line for coppice. His corner speed was to good for me at Park and he came through clean and fair and got the place on me. Well done Dean, hope I made you work for it.

That just reminds me in race one I came upon Nog just arriving at Park, I came along side and looked at him and tipped in. I couldn't believe it when he threw it in chopped my front and went, I recall his remark "Its not ballet dancing Phil"

I got him at the mountain tho'.

I must thank my big brother Rod, (Yendor) on Ducatisti, for financial/moral and just a great guy to have around support. He runs a one man garage in Kenilworth

Again big thanks to all, you know who you are. Looking forward to next year.

Last edited by Ghost : 05-Oct-2009 at 20:50.
Old 05-Oct-2009, 19:20
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Exshellent Gohshtie old chap....

(That's me in Sean Connery mode BTW)

You've had a good year as far as I can see, improved alot and learnt loads no doubt (like the fact that they don't hold out the chequred flag at park corner on the first lap!)

Look foward to seeing you and your cylon warship desmo in the paddock next season dude!

Word!
Old 05-Oct-2009, 21:21
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Its been an absulute pleasure to have raced with you this year Phil. And we really did race. You really made my first year racing a better experience, on track and off. I even missed you not being at Pembrey.
If I do DD again next year I'm going to come into Class B and we can have a fair fight. Bring it on Ghost

The Ghost on Sat

Craig
Old 05-Oct-2009, 21:44
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Awww I'm filling up now.

It was good Craig, real fun without being reckless, bit of trust is so appreciated.
Old 06-Oct-2009, 21:20
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Another nice report there Mr Invisible

Love the tank too

Andy

Last edited by andys 900ss : 07-Oct-2009 at 00:41.
Old 07-Oct-2009, 00:26
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999 / Kawasaki Z1000

Great write up phil, and i I really did have to work for it, couldnt believe the straight line speed of your machine. That dice with you was probably one of the best battles i had this year. See you next year.
Old 07-Oct-2009, 22:03
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Great report, Phil. I have to say I wasnt expecting you to hang in there for so long when you tried to pass on the outside when the lights went out - that bike of yours is awesome!!! And yep, chuckling I was when you outbraked Steve, me, and yourself at Park

Thanks for being such great company, and for the impromptu midnight BBQ on saturday night.

Until next season...
Old 07-Oct-2009, 23:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBoswell

Until next season...

You back next season Jase?

Hope so as I plan on being back for next year.
Old 08-Oct-2009, 11:28
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Nice report matey, my first (half) season too and it's been great to meet you.
If you fancy sorting my engine out I'm more than happy to let you. :-)

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 08-Oct-2009, 14:05
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by batz748
You back next season Jase?

Hope so as I plan on being back for next year.

you never know right now it's the cheapest, beeriest, racing option I have...

would be great to see you out there agaain for sure!