Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Oct-2004, 20:43
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Oh yeah (keep repeating this) 999R + 57 and PC =155bhp at jhp!
Old 08-Oct-2004, 12:30
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Andyb,

Think I know where the 57mm system is coming from, spoke to Johnny Hackett about all this, and he had a few recommendations with the way to go, what I didn't realise was the 03 and 04 exhausts are different because of the s/arm, so quite a few 57mm system coming up for the 03 model at the moment.

T/day fairings, spoke to a friend of mine who has a 999S he bought a kit from up near me (slingshot racing I think) which was somewhere in the region of 250 quid coloured, and fits fine, so that could be sorted there.

And the new record is 156Bhp from John.... crikey!
Old 08-Oct-2004, 13:18
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
For track day fairings beware , ones copied from standard panels will not fit an 04 R , the upper part of the fairing is wider and higher on the R , this is why you can see the idiot lights unlike the other models.

Because the upper part is wider it will not fit on the mounting brackets off the top of the headlight assembly where the mirrors fit.

Also , on the standard bike , the airtube covers are separate bits of black plastic , on the R this is all part of the fairing side , some replica bodywork does not have the airtube cover bit moulded into it so without the black top bit it looks odd.

If the side panel winglets have the wee aerofoil type mountings they are copied from standard panels , the 04 R (and all next years bikes) don't have this type of mounts , the winglets are just fixed top and bottom with self tappers (well , it's self tappers on the R's carbon stuff , I haven't seen the plastic stuff for next years bikes that close up yet)

[Edited on 8-10-2004 by yellowisfriedegg]

[Edited on 8-10-2004 by yellowisfriedegg]