Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jan-2005, 18:40
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by yellowisfriedegg
After seeing Freak's post about weight on the mono , unlike on a 916 where the ventura rack mounts off the subframe , on a 749/999 mono the ventura rails are mounted directly off the main frame lugs so weight is not an issue , no load is carried by the original subframe at all

Now there's something I didn't know, I was basing it on the old 9** series as YIFE has said..

I stand corrected
Old 27-Jan-2005, 18:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Gareth - from Ducati.com - dealer locator:

W.M. Snell Station Road Alton
GU34 2PZ (Hampshire) Ph: 01420 84480
Fax: 01420 89622
E-mail: wmsnell@lycos.co.uk

Authorized Dealer Ducati store Authorized Service

and yes, the phone no is correct for that neck of the woods

ask for Roger (nice bloke!) if you call.

Charlotte

[Edited on 27-1-2005 by CK and AK]
Old 27-Jan-2005, 20:32
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Yup, can highly recommend WM Snell, hubby's and my bikes both from there and serviced there. Service is excellent
Old 27-Jan-2005, 20:50
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Do it mate.... 999 05 mono looks the nuts
Old 27-Jan-2005, 20:51

Thanks for the information. For some reason I only managed to get pro-twins up when I did a search on the site..probably because I entered Surrey ...DOH !

I will certainly give Snells a call. Just proves how valuable this thread has been to me...before I wrote it I had almost decided on a 2005 999 Bip from Pro-Twins...now it is looking like a 2005 999 Mono with ventura kit from possibly Snells. Just need to see how much they want to change, the other dealers were all within £75 of each other so fingers crossed.

While I am thinking about it, are there any "must have" accessories that I should be considering getting at the same time as the bike which add to the comfort, convience, enjoyment of the bike? The obvious one is a hugger which I will probably order at the same time, I also quite fancy the carbon front mudguard to give it that "R" look but will have to see how the budget goes. Is there anything I should be thinking about that I have missed?

Again...thanks for your help !
Old 27-Jan-2005, 21:16
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Hi Gareth,

For what it's worth try calling Ducati Ashford ( or Signpostcorner as they're also known) and ask to speak to the boss Dennis. tell him I recommended you and he might be able to make a deal for you

You can access their website by tapping in signpostcorner and that'll give you their contact numbers.

Welcome aboard

neil
Old 30-Jan-2005, 15:50
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
If you end up buying a new bike, you should negotiate with the dealer to include the 600 mile service. This is no longer included automatically, but you should be able to get them to include it in the deal.

You could get them to fit optimate leads for you.

Rob
Old 30-Jan-2005, 16:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Nice to meet you yesterday at Snells Gareth - have you made up your mind yet?

and more importantly - have you given in to 'Mrs Gareths' plea for the S2R????

CK
Old 30-Jan-2005, 21:27

Charlotte, good to speak to you yesterday.

I think I have now just about made the mental leap to spending nearly £12k on a bike. The order will be a '05 999 Mono in red. What I still have not decided on is where to get it from.....

Having visited Snells yesterday morning and spoken to Robert Weekes I can see that they are a dealer I would like to get the bike from, and one that has that "old fashioned courtesy" that is all too often missing these days. If they were in or around the same ball park figure to change the bike then there would be no question that I would use them. The trouble is that they want £450 more than the next highest quote to change which was from Pro Twins, and £550 more than P&H who I simply wouldn't entertain. It is mighty hard to justify spending £450 more on the promise that the service would be better from Snells over Pro Twins.

I'll have to sleep on it over the next few days, I still have to show Snells my trade in. I would be prepared to deal with them if they could split the difference, I would probably be prepared to justify £200 for a friendly dealer that is very highly recommended but its hard to justify £450 over Pro Twins. Snells also quoted me £175 for the 1st service and Pro Twins hinted at throwing it into the deal which potentially broadens that gap further when I am already scretching myself to fund the change.

By all accounts, if I want a 999 for end of March/early April I will need to order it within the next week or two so will have to make up my mind on who to use soon.

I don't think the other half will be getting the S2R just yet. She loves the bike she has and won't let it go, and unfortunately we can't stretch to a third bike at the minute...and if we could I would love to hold onto my CBR6RR. Maybe in a year or two ...

Gareth
Old 30-Jan-2005, 22:01
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
If they are all official dealers, get the best deal you can from whichever, then use your favourite dealer for the rest of its servicing etc ?

Just my twopeneth.........

Gareth I agree with Dseered.

One thing though, try going to Snells and telling them about your dilemma, emphasising your your preference to their customer service and see what they do. They might not do anything but at least they'll be more sympathetic with your plight and be happy to service your bike later on.