Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Nov-2006, 16:08
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Oh I forgot, if you DO want an SP4 the one at Forza IS available. I've seen it before, it's a nice example, but not as nice as mine.

Hope this helps.

BC
Old 29-Nov-2006, 16:52
Ducati Corse

Get the SP4!!Unless you need a pillion seat and pegs!!
Old 29-Nov-2006, 17:28
Bevel Head

I'll have a look at Forza, I live in Sevenoaks, but the in-laws live in Akely near Buckingham, so can pop over at the w/e when we visit. BTW pillion denied.....Cheers
Old 29-Nov-2006, 19:43
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Hmmm...Dunno. We've had this conversation before. If you want a bike that is much more rare than a standard Strada get the SP4. But, in my book, anybody that buys a bike like an SP doesn't so much own it as have a responsibility to cherish it, keep it original, ride within limits that mean you're not going to be the one responsible for depleting the world supply of SP's by one. If that was my goal, I would've hung on for an SP.

Since I want a bike that I can modify to my own tastes, ride in the wet, ride hard and not have to worry quite so much about thrashing, a Strada fits my bill better than an SP.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 29-Nov-2006, 19:49
Ducati Corse

Jools,how far can i modfiy my SP5 then before it becomes just "Tat"?

'cos i'm doing a few mods at the moment!!

Last edited by Jasper : 29-Nov-2006 at 19:52.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 20:43
GTL

Hi, I must disagree with Joolz. These bikes be they Stradas, SP's or SPS's were made to ride! If you don't ride them it's a waste. If you want to modify them, then do so......If you're worried about re-sale then keep the mods reversable and keep the original parts. Even the holy grail the SP4S can be rebuilt after a prang or a blow up.....Witness Ain's tale. You aren't the custodian of this machine for some future owner! You're the owner! I myself own 3 Ducatis all are modified, mostly irreversible this doesn't matter to me as they are to be kept "until death us do part" they are used in all weathers. have been blown up (too many times, i've lost count on the 900ss bevel), they've been dropped, each time i have rebuilt them! Each time it's hurt, but it can be done. Dr "T", Masimo Bordi, etc didn't design these bikes as museum pieces they wanted you to ride/race and above all ENJOY them. If you own one and don't.......It's a crying shame.
Steve
Old 29-Nov-2006, 21:30
Ducati Corse

ALL my mods are reversable on the SP5.And i keep the original bits.And are all kept with the original confines of the design of the bike.
Old 30-Nov-2006, 00:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Duke 6
I see beancounter, I was mistaken, wishful thinking...the dilemma i'm in is, i bought a strada and i love the single seat high level pipe look, should i buy the one seat subrame and carbon single seat moulding and find the seat pads and get it all painted with decals....or just sell the strada and buy an Sp4 for the same look, as the bits will cost almost 1.5 bag plus paint...or just buy a 999s? oh the pain
I too was in your situation as i was goin to buy a 94 strada and do the single seat,subframe,termis,as i had given up findin a sp5 but after askin around for parts it was goin to cost xxx and in the end a sp4 came up and i bought it.it can be done, nattyboys bike looks mega and he could probably get you all the parts as well.i bought the sp4 as it had the look i wanted no need to start moddin.It can be fun doin a project though.Get the sp you know you want it..............dave.
Old 30-Nov-2006, 16:26
Bevel Head

I'll have to keep the strada as it goes to the station and back every day.. ..judging by your comments I probably shouldn't park an SP in the puddles?, I'll have to find to nice SP4 or 5 and then add the 999s in the summer. Rock on
Old 30-Nov-2006, 21:05
Montjuic

Get the SP4, without dought the best looking of all. Not that i'm biased in any way!!!
Oh and a scooter to leave at the station.