Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Jun-2011, 23:45
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Snetterton on the 848

Well, I thought I'd add my little experience from today to give people not riding DD bikes an experience of Snetterton 300.

My 848 is dropped down 1 tooth at the front a running pre-warmed Supercorsa BSB's. Suspension stock, just the rear having sag added by loosening the spring tension. Bendix's best MCR brake pads made it stop so well, thanks for them Nelly!!

Its a tricky track now, but like Silverstone GP 'great when you get it'.

Start-finish upto 5th, then down 1 for the first corner Riches then back hard on the gas driving upto the new Montreal hairpin, down two into second turning in late & apexing late driving hard towards the new left hand turn Palmers taking another late apex driving hard in forth (great when you get it right), then hard on the brakes, then even harder for the hairpin Agostini, taken in second, driving hard out while still on the side of the tyre towards Hamilton bend in 3rd running deep on the exit. You then have to pull back to the left for the Oggies hairpin/bend which can be taken with more speed than you realise, hence 3rd gear, sweeping on the right of the tyre all the way towards the old Williams bend late apexing & running wide using all the track onto the back straight changing into 4th mid corner. Head down & changing into 6th for about 160mph before going back one just under the bridge, hard on the brakes then down another just as you tip right for the right of Nelson then drive hard out & shift into 5th for the bomb hole then Coram, all the way round on your knee but holding a late apex & keeping well right for the 3rd gear drive through the new Murrays corner back onto start finish straight.

Well thats my experience of the new Snetterton 300 circuit, took me about 4 sessions to really get into it but pleased with the outcome.

Let me know what you think if you do it.

Andy
Old 21-Jun-2011, 11:40
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Sounds like you had a lot of Fun Andy, and the weather was certainly on your side as apposed to what we put up with at the weekend, i found i liked the track but in hindesite the practice day would have helped me, nothing worse than only having 3 laps to learn a track before qualy nice to see both you and the lovely Tracy over the weekend.

Great write up.

Paul
Old 06-Jul-2011, 11:37
Bikes: 1098.special!!

I agree the track is now really good...just a shame I have to put baffles in the 1098's axhaust after being turfed off last time I went there...
Old 06-Jul-2011, 11:47
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by madracer1
I agree the track is now really good...just a shame I have to put baffles in the 1098's axhaust after being turfed off last time I went there...

Ouch - might have been a 98dB day rather than 105dB?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 15-Aug-2011, 19:36
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Talking of Snetterton...has anybody got a track guide for the new layout? I don't think my MCN Guide from 1998 will be any good.....

Going on Monday as a "guest" of the BMW Owners Club...

R