Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:40
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999, BSA A65 Lightning, Matchless G80s

Mood: Fed up with DIY!
Bagster Tank Cover

I have just bought the cover. Didn't receive any fitting instructions!
Has anyone got pictures of how the straps fit? The middle one, under the tank grips the tank edges! Can this be right??I had one for a 748 and it never had belts that contacted the tank. Should the rear belt buckle fit between the tank and the seat? If so how do I raise the seat pad?
Cheers.
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:52
Big Twin

The seat pad on the 749 is bolted to the seat (big bolt underneath - 17mm socket). YOu get ot that by unbolting the 4 bolts for the seat unit (6 if bip) and lifting the whole assembly so you can get to the bolt under. Can't imagine you have to do all that to put a tank cover on , but it's possible.
Old 09-Oct-2005, 00:53
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Baglux

Hi Trig
Have a Baglux cover for my BoxerCup theres a strap that goes around the head stock 2 straps that grip lower down from the headstock 1 on each side of the tank (its plastic on the BM) that clip on the return flange of the body kit and 2 that slip over the seat guides.
there was a fitting sheet with my cover,their e-mail responce is very good or just phone them.
ian
Old 09-Oct-2005, 09:29
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
On the ST's you have one strap for the head stock, one for the base under the seat front and one either sde with elastic that hook under the tank sides. Good luck
Old 09-Oct-2005, 22:01
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
The seat pad on the 749 is bolted to the seat (big bolt underneath - 17mm socket). YOu get ot that by unbolting the 4 bolts for the seat unit (6 if bip) and lifting the whole assembly so you can get to the bolt under. Can't imagine you have to do all that to put a tank cover on , but it's possible.

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-Oct-2005, 22:04
Mille

I will try phoning Balux in the morning.
Thanks.
Old 09-Oct-2005, 22:20
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
you dont need to undo the 17mm nut just take the 4 bolts holding seat on and lift seat/tank up then slide straps under, keep them clear of fuel pipes and make sure fuel pipes sit in the grooves when you put it back down

take care on the front straps, its easy to get them where they are trapped when you put lock on.

i should have photographed mine as i have now forgotten exactly how i had it all

you can see it all set up on the bike at my .mac website

http://homepage.mac.com/gizmo999/duc...toAlbum10.html

[Edited on 9-10-2005 by Gizmo]
Old 10-Oct-2005, 14:34
Mille

Gizmo - I have spoken to Baglux and it seems that the problem with the central belt touching the tank and the rear belt clip fouling the seat 'ear', will probably dissapear over time, as the cover flexes itself to the shape of the tank.
Thanks for the info. I think we met at TA4. I had the red 999 opposite you in the paddock. Great pictures on your website!
Old 10-Oct-2005, 23:52
500SD

Mood: happy
Hi Gizmo, could you post or send me a photo of the 749-999 with the oxford panniers fitted.I have some and was hoping to use them next year,
if I can get them to fit.
Old 11-Oct-2005, 09:29
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by marko
Hi Gizmo, could you post or send me a photo of the 749-999 with the oxford panniers fitted.I have some and was hoping to use them next year,
if I can get them to fit.

Dseered's bike had the panniers fitted, he might have more close up pics than me, i think he took a few just to be able to fit them again as it did take a bit of work getting it right.

AIR the two top straps were set one under one over rear seat, the rear strap goes over, it got covered in pipe lagging to space it away from seat cowls, it also got wrapped in gaffer tape to stop it melting if it rested on can. Sides of seat got gaffer taped as paniers rest against them.

at rear i used sailing shock cord, a thick elastic type material, set panniers up on bike then tied the cord between the 2 loops, tight enough to keep it in place but just enough spring in elastic to get panniers off without undong it all, this got gaffer taped as well as it rests above the light and against the lower part of can. front loops got tied to footpegs with cyclig toe straps.

it all seemed to work well, took a couple of minutes to load and unload but i think bike was unscathed.