Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:38
Ducati Corse

Sensible discussion no thread hijacks please

We have NO PROBLEMS IN PIRELLI TYRES, THEY WORKED GREAT FOR US LAST YEAR.

Andy never complained - and said the tyres did the job Pirelli said they would do - and did it very well - EVEN BETTER THAN WE THOUGHT IN THE HEAVY RAIN AT DONNINGTON.

Our problem is being at this late stage, having to go through a vote now, as to whether we are now all tied to the same supplier for the whole season at his prices & use his stickers.

WHY? - this is a first in the racing world at club level at least.
Surely one company cannot control the sale of tyres.

Does this not become a monopoly?

It would be a first in club racing if it is, having questioned other racers in bemsee & NE and other tyre suppliers too.

Sorry, contentious I know, but the question NEEDS asking.

We are (or is it now 'were') sorted out with tyres & an ongoing sponsorship for 2006.

What on earth do we tell the kind person who is sponsoring them?

AK & Bones using CKs log-in as she is out and we dont know how to change it over
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:44
Mille

Mood: Splodge ness abounds
I'm confused I thought we had to buy one make of Tyres from whoever we chose?
Has this changed?
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:48
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Ok I'm not involved in DD but I understand that this is a one tyre series and that is the Pirelli Diablo. If that is the case then

1. Why only one supplier when by this time people will have probably got their tyre supply sorted?
2. If there is only one supplier was this put to tender or were we told by Pirelli?
3. If it is only limited to one supplier then are Pirelli underwriting the cost as part of their sponsorship?

Think this does need some clarification not only for competitors but also for general members such that we can understand how it works.
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:50
Ducati Corse

tyres still the same as on rules mate.

voting email came round today to ask if you wanted to vote for one supplier to sell you tyres who would give promotional items as prizes and tickets for wsb meetings.
In return you had to use him only and run his stickers.

A vote needs to be sent to dd@ by sunday morning either yes or no to this late propostition.

do read your email before voting.

alan
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Alan it has nothing to do with being a monopoly, - perhaps you and others should stop looking for reds under the bed?

We were given an opportunity that perhaps has some advantages and some disadvantages, - the riders have therefore been given an opportunity to vote on it. Is this not the open way to do it, or would you have preferred the option to have been turned down or accepted on your behalf? - I can see that one going down well, Not.

I really do despair at times, - everything gets made to be so feckin complicated and turned into some political bun fight. Whatever the MT, RC do they get a lot of **** stirred up, - some of this tyre crap goes back a year, but here we go again…...

I say again, - you the riders have been given the opportunity to vote, - why not just vote and be done with it? Or is it that democracy cannot be followed unless it suits the individuals?
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:54
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Maybe those of us that don't have a tyre deal can effectively sign up to a deal with Holbeach, the price quoted for supply and fit is better than a lot of places will offer.
I am happy to buy from them at that price and would be happy to run their stickers, especially if they are going to be in support at all the UK rounds.
But I see No need for everybody to have to sign up if it is possible for them to get a equall or better deal elsewhere.
Those that sign up with Holbeach should be able to benifit from the full support that they offer. If someone using a different tyre supplier as a sponsor does not have there tyres marked then Holbeach would be under no obligation to change tyres for them or balance wheels etc.
That would be up to Holbeach
But as for not scoring points if your not with Holbeach I don't agree with that at this late stage.
Surely something sensible can be sorted
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by DP
I'm confused I thought we had to buy one make of Tyres from whoever we chose?
Has this changed?

It seems that way so if I have to put the supliers name on my bike I will exspect them to put my copany logo on their van in return sorted no problem.
Ducati Meccanica

It's too late now and for me it's not right anyway.

We should be free to source our most excellent Pirelli tyres from anywhere.

So long as they are Diablo's ( not corse) then it matters to no-one where we get them from and it should not matter either. Even if the tyres were offered by a certain supplier at £50 a pair it should still be a free choice!
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:57
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I say again, - you the riders have been given the opportunity to vote, - why not just vote and be done with it? Or is it that democracy cannot be followed unless it suits the individuals?

surely in a democracy we have some freedom of speech?
this is why i started this post afresh for a sensible discussion on the subject of the tyre seller, which as you must admit is quite a major part of the series?

This is why I think this should be discussed as not all of us have other riders emails to talk away from here.

Alan
Old 02-Mar-2006, 22:59
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids

But as for not scoring points if your not with Holbeach I don't agree with that at this late stage.
Surely something sensible can be sorted

Sheeesh!!

I get in & find 2 hobo's have hijacked my log-in!!!!!!!!

Skids - totally agree mate!!

C, off to do some slapping about of certain gentlemen