Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-May-2004, 02:08
Bevel Head

My Mono Unit + Lights.

Hi everyone,

I'm nearly there getting the bike back up and running now, but I've hit a new and potentially massive problem......

I've got the Mono unit, it's all been sprayed up and looks fantastic. I bought a Bip-Mono converter kit sometime ago, so thats all ready and fitted to the light unit. Also, I've got a Mono seat pad from Ducati, which is great and is already fitted to the seat unit.

However, how can I secure the light unit itself to the seat unit? The problem is the seat unit is a 'Bare' GRP unit, which is only really supposed to be used for racing, and thus wouldn't need a light unit attached to it ordinarily. So, it doesn't have any 'lugs' as such to screw into, it's just smooth.

I've tried all the 'No More Nails' type stuff's, and none of it is gonna be anywhere near strong enough.

Please help you lot, as this is the very last bit now and then it's back!!!!!!! Frustrating is not the word!!!!!!!

As always, cheers for any help you can offer......

Mark.
Old 25-May-2004, 10:07
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Mono unit and lights

Depends on how elegant or permanent you want it but.....
I have a fibre glass mono unit that I just bought and use for Track days. The lights go in to ride to the track.
This solution may not be the most elegant solution but it works.
Super glue small stips of velcro or double sided tape to the flat facing lip around each light. If using velcro then obviously do the same to the inside of the mono unit around the lights with the other half of the velcro. 8 strips.

Add thin rubber strips/tape to the bung that fits into the mono unit bottom lip under the light unit until the actual lights butt tight up againt the top of the square holes within the mono unit. This is actually enough to hold the whole unit up it but the double sided tape/ velco secures the fit. When in, tape the wire to the inside of the mono unit to stop it pulling down on the unit.
Old 25-May-2004, 14:38
Bevel Head

Cheers for the response mate, but I'm thinking more long-term than that really.....

Any other ideas anyone??