Old 30-Sep-2004, 19:14
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mirrors

Has anyone seen or tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Old 30-Sep-2004, 19:31
Big Twin

I have noticed them on there before, and someone else posted the very same question on here about them some time back. Don't think there was much feedback though.

The look pretty good to me?
Old 30-Sep-2004, 19:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Not yet, maybe if they were a bit cheaper,
I like the idea of combined mirrors and indicators, the indicators are probably more visible to other road users and the mirrors may offer a improved rear view. Also less to remove for trackdays
Old 30-Sep-2004, 20:54
Mille

Mood: Long on Duke's...so happy
I've seen some feedback somewhere that was distinctly negative about them. I'll try and find the article/thread. Can't really see what problems there could be apart from cost. Must be a good idea for a 999 though as I've never sat on a bike with such shite mirrors. Makes my 998 ones seem luxurious.
Old 30-Sep-2004, 20:59
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Not seen those particular ones before. I've seen some that were near useless. Worse than the originals, but they were far cheaper to.
Old 30-Sep-2004, 21:28
888 at Last !!!

I've also wondered about these - I have seen them before - but not seen them on the bike. I expect they work just fine but they just don't look right do they!

I'd love to get rid of both indicators on mine, and I don't want to start the LED debate again but I think I'm gonna go done that route eventually.
Old 30-Sep-2004, 21:39
Big Twin

i know someone who bought a pair on ebay, with indicators in / not sure thery are the same, make but he was so disapointed that he took them off and sold them for afraction of the price. i think they worked ok just didnt really look right? not sure about the view they gave though
Old 01-Oct-2004, 00:56
Big Twin

One thing's for sure about combined indicators and mirrors: they'll always be more expensive than stock mirrors and indicators together.

I may be in a minority here, but I like both the stock indicators (cheap, and effective), and the stock mirrors, which give a quite acceptable view, and have the neat shear bolt design to prevent fairing damage.
Old 01-Oct-2004, 10:48
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by moto748
... and have the neat shear bolt design to prevent fairing damage.

Lol! You've never dropped your bike, have you?

The shear bolts don't work - the first thing that breaks is always the arms, right across the hole that the shear bolt goes through. This is obviously a weaker spot than the shear bolt!

If you're lucky (ie, you just clip something with your mirror) then you'll just break the arm and the shear bolt and pull the mirror off. If you're unlucky the whole top section of the fairing breaks through the mirror holes, so you need a new top fairing!

It seems like a good idea, but in my experience it just doesn't work.
Old 01-Oct-2004, 13:00
Big Twin

Well I suppose it depends how clumsy you are!

Seriously, all I can say is that the shear bolts have saved me twice; once when the bike was knocked over by boy-racers in a car-park, and once when I caught the mirror on the gate post ( ).

I wouldn't expect those cantilevered brackets to stand up to a full-scale 'drop', but I still think the shear bolts are a good design feature.