Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-May-2006, 09:53
500SD

First Trackday - Scrutineering

I am doing my first ever track day which will be at Mallory at the end of the month with Rapid.

What do I need to check to ensure that there are no problems with scrutineering. I don't want to fall at the first hurdle. In general bike is well maintained but will they be looking for anything specifiic?
Old 11-May-2006, 10:04
GTL

Mood: Busy, Busy...Busy!
they never actually scrutineer you anyway.As long as nothing is hanging off, you will be fine.

If its a road bike, tape up the lights and remove the mirrors (or turn them in).

Go over the bike and make sure that everything is tight, oil the chain, drop tyre pressures (on a 600, usually 28 rear and 30/31 front)

Apart from that just relax, dont forget to breath and dont be shy to ask for advice from the instructors...thats what they are there for.

Enjoy the day, once you start you'll be hooked!!
Old 11-May-2006, 10:09
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Trackday organisers don't scrutineer bikes as if there was an accident it might make them liable if the accident may have been caused by something they could have spotted in scrutineering.

Its up to you - do a thorough check - all bolts, brakes, chain, tyres, etc... enjoy.

The first trackday is fantastic - a great experience.

Tim
Old 11-May-2006, 10:13
Bikes: 888. multistrada 1200s sport

Rapid are to my knowledge the only Track Day organisers that do scrutineer. What they are looking for is badly adjusted chains, tyres,excessive travel in brake levers, leaking fork seals any obvious oil leaks. In effect the sort of thing you do anyway as part of daily checks, don't we all!

As long as your bike is looked after you will have no issues. Enjoy your first day on track, I'll see you there!
Old 11-May-2006, 10:18
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by phil996
Enjoy your first day on track, I'll see you there!

Great, I will look out for you. You will recognise me, I am the fat bloke on the 750SS. DSC stickers on the screen.

No laughing at my lack of ability.

I am looking forward to it, but I am nervous already.
Old 11-May-2006, 10:21
Bikes: 888. multistrada 1200s sport

I'll come and find you. I will be riding a black cbr600rr in the advanced group.