Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 01-Nov-2006, 17:57
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Haslam, Lavilla commit to BSB

From Crash.net:

"It has been confirmed that the top three finishers in the 2006 Bennetts British Superbike championship - Ryuichi Kiyonari, Leon Haslam and Gregorio Lavilla - will all return for the 2007 season.

The announcement was made as HM Plant Honda rider Kiyonari was crowned champion in front of packed audience at the International Motorcycle Show at the NEC. The Japanese will defend his title next year, with Airwaves Ducati riders Haslam and Lavilla also back for more.

Kiyonari, the first Japanese rider to win the UK's premier crown, reflected on his title winning campaign: "Very good, bike very good. I enjoy. The races were very hard, but I take the title for Honda and yes, I will be coming back to race here next year, when I want to win the title again."

But while 'Kiyo' was always expected to return in 2007, runner-up Haslam had been linked with a MotoGP ride - but with the best grand prix seats now filled has set his sights on winning his first BSB title.

"It's been a fantastic season for me, and while the last round was a bit of frustrating, I enjoyed it all, and was happy with my own performances," said Haslam. "What a team I'm with - I can't wait to bring the British Championship title back to Britain."

Meanwhile Lavilla, the 2005 champion, had been linked with a Ducati WSBK ride, but is now looking forward to fighting for his second title after finishing third this year.

"The team and myself will be fighting to get back to the top of the championship and will be stronger for the future – yes I will be back to regain the title," declared the Spanish veteran, who rode a Ducati Marlboro MotoGP machine earlier this week at Valencia."

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit