Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Dec-2009, 01:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Good Post Scott

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 13-Dec-2009, 02:32
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
I think we need a reality check.

We're talking about social minded people racing bikes that are the wrong side of a decade old here. Nobody on the DD grid is out there to impress a BSB team, we're there to enjoy racing in possibly it's cheapest form and the people involved in ensuring we get to do that are doing a f3cking good job of it. FFS we'll be at a BSB meeting at one of the best tracks around with the long shot of being on tele and a couple of weeks later we'll be at the new British F1 track! That's like a pub football team playing at Old Trafford before a Champions League game, going to Stamford Bridge shortly after and then continuing the rest of the season playing at the other premier league grounds!

In the grand scheme of racing things, we the DSC DDers, are f3ck all and shouldn't really be going to the tracks we do, but decent grids, great people with the right connections and drive mean that we can, let's be grateful for what we've got before moaning about not getting to Assen and the likes. If we all had the cash then we'd do Assen every year, every track day and every round of the championship but DD is primerily about not using vast amounts of the stuff.

If people have the finances and want to start a new championship well let them, if this 848 thingy is backed by Ducati then whoopee bloody doo they'll have bigger trophies than us but will they have the craic we will? I doubt it. Admittedley it sounds a great series to be racing in and I've heard it's £500 to enter then each round is only £140 but will Ryanair take your 10grand 848 to Italy or Clogland for a tenner? I doubt that too. In 10 years time there will be another new championship launched with the lastest machines being entered and the 848 people (if it's still going) will be pulling their faces as some of us are doing now so let's just keep enjoying what we're doing and let others try and be as good as us.

Just for the record my favourite apples are pink ladies and Adsa, Tesco and Sainsbury's all sell them.

DD to 848 -
"you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history"

Nice one. I'm a fan of the pink lady too...Great post.

Its good that DD still generates the off season whingefest..

Can you go race yet?
Old 13-Dec-2009, 04:10
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Its good that DD still generates the off season whingefest..

Hahaha, oh yeh it's great for the whine lovers, my first year on track and the off circuit banter is as good as the racing.

An cheers by the way, it's like stopping a fight in a kid's playground by quoting Socrates. The message gets across but not understood and then they set off at each other again. FAF.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 13-Dec-2009, 22:56
Mille

Mood: elated
Smile both i hope!!

chaz,
i hope to run in class b with my revised old banger that was consistantly last last season and race my 900ss in the MCDRS!!
Old 13-Dec-2009, 23:40
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco572
chaz,
i hope to run in class b with my revised old banger that was consistantly last last season and race my 900ss in the MCDRS!!

OK the more track time the better! have a good seasion
Old 14-Dec-2009, 00:07
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
I think we need a reality check.

We're talking about social minded people racing bikes that are the wrong side of a decade old here. Nobody on the DD grid is out there to impress a BSB team, we're there to enjoy racing in possibly it's cheapest form and the people involved in ensuring we get to do that are doing a f3cking good job of it. FFS we'll be at a BSB meeting at one of the best tracks around with the long shot of being on tele and a couple of weeks later we'll be at the new British F1 track! That's like a pub football team playing at Old Trafford before a Champions League game, going to Stamford Bridge shortly after and then continuing the rest of the season playing at the other premier league grounds!

In the grand scheme of racing things, we the DSC DDers, are f3ck all and shouldn't really be going to the tracks we do, but decent grids, great people with the right connections and drive mean that we can, let's be grateful for what we've got before moaning about not getting to Assen and the likes. If we all had the cash then we'd do Assen every year, every track day and every round of the championship but DD is primerily about not using vast amounts of the stuff.

If people have the finances and want to start a new championship well let them, if this 848 thingy is backed by Ducati then whoopee bloody doo they'll have bigger trophies than us but will they have the craic we will? I doubt it. Admittedley it sounds a great series to be racing in and I've heard it's £500 to enter then each round is only £140 but will Ryanair take your 10grand 848 to Italy or Clogland for a tenner? I doubt that too. In 10 years time there will be another new championship launched with the lastest machines being entered and the 848 people (if it's still going) will be pulling their faces as some of us are doing now so let's just keep enjoying what we're doing and let others try and be as good as us.

Just for the record my favourite apples are pink ladies and Adsa, Tesco and Sainsbury's all sell them.

DD to 848 -
"you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history"

At last some one talking out there mouth and not there arsse well said scott
Old 14-Dec-2009, 00:21
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Damn if the same effort was put into riding as whinging we'd see lap times tumble
Old 14-Dec-2009, 00:24
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
Damn if the same effort was put into riding as whinging we'd see lap times tumble

Been on the vodka again mate
Old 14-Dec-2009, 00:39
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando

it was and they were trouble is i only manage the tumbling bit ouch
Old 14-Dec-2009, 10:51
500SD

Mood: Moto Guzzi are the new Ducati??
Talking Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna3
it was and they were trouble is i only manage the tumbling bit ouch

Someone mention tumble...........