Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Jun-2011, 20:36
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Some others might have a better idea, but I would hazard a guess you would realistically need a minimum of 30k to put up a decent show in the 848 challenge (including the bike and travel)

depends what you are doing; racing or trying to be competitive. Minus bike cost, I worked out c10k for a season all entries, travel, extra test days, tyres, extra few bits like spare wheels, plus 1k for crash damage. But that would have been wobbling around at the back, not competing with the mad men at the front.
Old 03-Jun-2011, 20:36
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
ha ha ha you should have tried mine last year - ask Matt Larrett - he thought it dangerous after 2 laps!!!
Until I sold you that lovely Ohlins .... I should really stop helping you guys go faster!!
Old 03-Jun-2011, 20:42
MotoGP God

Quote:
Until I sold you that lovely Ohlins .... I should really stop helping you guys go faster!!

ha yep helped a little but the front was the hazard

back in the spirit of DD - I took some advice from Mr 'make it fit' Skids and cut the springs down removing the progressive elemnet of them and the messed with spacers with the help of Chris P at Brands (I think) and its made a world of difference, it almost goes where I point it now!

I think this is also what would make newbies like me be attracted to the series; lots of helpful advice as hands on help to get you going.
Old 03-Jun-2011, 20:53
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
....it almost goes where I point it now!
Just not the last bend at Anglesey?
Old 03-Jun-2011, 21:43
MotoGP God

Quote:
Just not the last bend at Anglesey?

nope, that was EXACTLY where I was pointing it!!
Old 04-Jun-2011, 01:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
I took some advice from Mr 'make it fit' Skids and cut the springs down removing the progressive elemnet of them and the messed with spacers

Old budget based trick I've been doing it to race bikes since 1997

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Jun-2011, 10:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Good!!!

When we were discussing the "offers on the table" late last year, one of the club offered us a calendar which looked something like this:

Cadwell Park
Cadwell Park
Cadwell Park (Mountain)
Cadwell Park
Mallory
Cadwell Park
Cadwell Park

?

That on a 696 and I'm back
Old 04-Jun-2011, 10:47
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
That on a 696 and I'm back

Trouble is that you could describe such a callendar as "geographically limited"!

For the most part there are no completely right answers on what the best choice of tracks is, the Club has always endevoured to provide access to the best range of tracks that we can negotiate, so the priority has always been to try and get Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell, Donnington, etc and in particular to give riders the opportunity to ride differing types of track.

Part of the problem is that I think we will find that the majority of tracks are actually south of Manchester, which does tend to favour the Southerners!
Old 04-Jun-2011, 11:09
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Trouble is that you could describe such a callendar as "geographically limited"!

For the most part there are no completely right answers on what the best choice of tracks is, the Club has always endevoured to provide access to the best range of tracks that we can negotiate, so the priority has always been to try and get Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell, Donnington, etc and in particular to give riders the opportunity to ride differing types of track.

Part of the problem is that I think we will find that the majority of tracks are actually south of Manchester, which does tend to favour the Southerners!

Well it's not just the majority of tracks that are south of Manchester, but also the majority of England, perhaps 3/4 is South of Manchester. Throw in economics, demographics and access and it makes sense.

Chris could you let me know if there are any sponsors this year? I remember in 2008 when I did a round there was Shell oil, just wondered if we needed any other decals on the bikes other than the DSC?
Old 04-Jun-2011, 11:27
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
Chris could you let me know if there are any sponsors this year? I remember in 2008 when I did a round there was Shell oil, just wondered if we needed any other decals on the bikes other than the DSC?

Kev (Skidlids) is your man to answer that and supply the stickers!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!