Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Jul-2005, 21:52
500SD

Mood: Relaxed - don't worry about things you can't change
996R For Sale

Before you all start U2Uing me can I say that it is not mine and that I have nothing to do with the sale.

I happened to visit Italia Moto at Lincoln today and have a nose around the second hand stock

They have a 996R, which I was assured is a genuine bike, rather that a "bitsa this and bitsa that".

As I know there are a number of you guys who are addicts, I asked a few questions.

Although a 2001 bike, it was apparently registered in 2002 and has done circa 6000 miles.

A quick inspection in cramped circummstances revealed that it looked in fine fettle.

The asking price ??????..............£12000 if anyone is interested.
Old 16-Jul-2005, 22:18
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Too much money !!!
Old 17-Jul-2005, 00:20
Ducati Corse

Tim is right - they're having a laugh. If it was just short of £10K then they may stand a chance but not at that price. (Having said that considering what it cost new and the mileage you could almost talk yourself into a deal but you'd need to be desperate)
Old 17-Jul-2005, 11:00
Big Twin

i paid £12500 for mine almost 2 years ago from a ducati dealer, so id be surprised if they get that for it, is everything else in their showroom overpriced?

probably not?

i do think the 996r is becoming one of those bikes that glass's guide get a bit wrong because of its exluseivity, bit like the RC30 for instance, retail between £4 - 5k from a dealer, i dont think so.

some dealers are more aware of this type of situation and when they get a good example try to test the market