Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Apr-2004, 19:08
Mille

PRO BOLT - ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS ?

Bought a pair of Titanium wheel nuts from Pro Bolt.

The 46mm one was slightly over size and wouldnt quite fit in the 46mm socket. After 1 hour of rubbing the inside of the socket with emery paper I managed to get it to fit.

The 41mm one was slighly under size (about 40.5mm) , this was OK on the socket but the internal diameter was so far out that I could slip it on to the axle all the way without using the thread

Surely items like these should be made to exact tollerences, seems like sloppy workmanship to me. I will be on the phone to them 1st thing Monday morning.

Anyone else had similar problems ?

Incidently when I went to take the existing 41mm nut off it was already loose and was only being held on by the safety clip (bike was only serviced last month)
Old 30-Apr-2004, 21:56
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Roachman

I have bought stuff from them b4 and had lots of problems, there Ti is rubbish at best.
I have just bought a set of wheelnuts from Casoli Motors and cannot praise them enough, next day delivery and superb quality and fit.

Try them nect time you want Ti stuff.
Old 01-May-2004, 16:28

Mood: Variable
Bought a set of alloy Dzus fasteners for the fairing. Alloy is so soft that the teeth on the back plate bite into the sides of the ramps preventing it from turning. Also any serious twist applied to the D ring buckles it out of the head so you end up fitting them with tools which isn't really the point is it ?
Master cylinder screws were too long too.
Old 01-May-2004, 19:08
Ducati Corse

If you want a nice pair of nuts then give Nelly a bell. Click on the link below for his web site.
Old 03-May-2004, 13:02
Big Twin

That's interesting! I was on the point of ordering some bits from them. Fancied a set of the 5 sprocket nuts, as mine are getting very scruffy, and also a master cylinder cover.

May think twice now.
Old 03-May-2004, 17:11
Mille

I bought the Ti sprocket nuts and pinch bolts, both are top quality. Its just the wheel nuts that ive had problems with.

The sprocket side nut is so wrong im wondering if its supposed to be for another bike like a Triumph !

I'm going to ring them in the morning and get to the bottom of it.
Old 03-May-2004, 20:11
Big Twin

Thanks for that, Roachman.
Old 04-May-2004, 01:31
Bevel Head

Still waiting.......

I'd like to add my groan about them too. I'm currently waiting for a set of the small fairing bolts that attach the top half of the side fairings to the bottom halves.

Along with that, I also ordered some Sprocket nuts for my new CBR1000RR.

When I rang to find out where the hell it all was, I was half expecting some crap story about not having the nuts for the CBR yet, as it's such a new bike. However, the excuse I got was much more far-fetched than that.......

The woman on the phone told me that they had everything there to complete my order, except that they were waiting for some of the rubber well-nuts for the fairing bolts. She went on to say that the only supplier of those that Pro-Bolt could find are in INDIA (!!!) and that they were expecting a delivery from them any day.

What a load of s***!

Its now been 3 weeks waiting for 2 sets of bolts, that you'd expect a company as big as Pro-Bolt like to think of themsleves as, would have on the shelf, surely.

Crap, crap and crap again.

I've got to say that I've had this slow service problem from them before, but thought I'd give them another go. I wish I hadn't, but then again, who else claims to have the range of bolts that they do??

As for the Resevoir cover moto748, get one from www.oem-uk.com , they do free delivery world wide, and they're stuff is superb.
Old 05-May-2004, 17:04
500SD

they told me the same thing about the well-nuts for the fairing join bolts about two months ago !
Old 05-May-2004, 21:04
Mille

Spoke to them yesterday and they think they might have sent a wheel nut for another make/model by mistake.

Sent me another one which turned up today, this one fits !