Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Apr-2005, 19:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Just seen the battery pic, below the clear battery overflow pipe is a rubber grommet that should have a metal spacer that goes in it along with a bolt and the battery earth
Old 09-Apr-2005, 19:39
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
youre right skids just looked on mine
Old 09-Apr-2005, 19:53
Big Twin

the cut wires--- its looks as tho someone has cut out a connector
this is how mine are joined
from tank RED BLACK WHITE BLACK

is connected to ^ ^ ^ ^

to tank RED/BLACK BLACK BLUE BROWN

hope this makes sense

[Edited on 9-4-2005 by monstermob 998]
Old 09-Apr-2005, 20:56
Mille

Mood: Don't trust women!
That was excellent people, cheers for the help on that, I now have power!!! Well a dash light comes on anyway. So that brings me to my next question, what does each light mean (my clocks were trashed so I just have the bear LEDs and board at mo)? I need to know if it's in nuetral as the start button doesn't do anything.
Old 09-Apr-2005, 21:12
Big Twin

as tho you are sat on bike

neutral low fuel turn oil

park main stand battery/
light beam down charge

[Edited on 9-4-2005 by monstermob 998]
Old 09-Apr-2005, 21:49
Mille

Ok, thanks for that. I now have a park light and a neutral light lit but no start button still. Not too worry though cos I'm stopping for today as I'm at work tomorrow. My manual should be here by monday (1st manual I have ever bought, weird since I have rebuilt 3 other bikes)! But if anyone has any sugestions why it's not firing let me know. Cheers

P.s. It was a bitch to put into neutral!
Old 11-Apr-2005, 19:40
Mille

Way-hay, got her started today! But only to realise the muppet who had it before me had put about 1 ltr too much oil in the thing and it started to leak all-over (then again I should have checked).

The innitial problem was the General Relay was well fooked so i need a new one (any ideas). As for the oil leak, I think I have traced it to the carbs, which then I found they have a oil heating system? It that standard? Anyway one of the braded hoses was pi**ing everywhere so i need to replace that, not that the bike wants to start now. I just have to hope I havn't popped a seal and filled thae barrels or something. Has anyone had this before? Also is the bike supposed to have a rad of some sort? The manual seems to think it should?

Anyway sorry for all the questions, I'm just impatient
Old 11-Apr-2005, 19:56
Big Twin

i dont believe the 600ss was ever fitted with an oil cooler although the 750 and 900's were - the carb heaters were fitted as standard to later bikes but an option on the earlier bike-it should be fitted with a tap along one of the braided lines so you could isolate leak maybe
as for the general relay got no idea where you get a replacement from other than a ducati dealer--- with electrical bits i some times go into my local lucas dealer/garage they can sometimes cross reference parts and get you sorted--- or you could try the breakers
Old 11-Apr-2005, 20:56
Mille

Your right, the lines do have a tap but I wasn't too sure which position was off . Will have a play on thursday when I'm next off. Just hope that it's a easy fix and not cracked at the float bowles or worse. As for the relay, I'll have a talk to the local electrical stores, can't be too hard to sorce. I'll have to use my bodged relay for now .

[Edited on 11-4-2005 by diehard]
Old 15-Apr-2005, 18:13
Mille

Stopped the leak. Was a loose banjo bold. Went to tighten it and though "bloody hell is the socket too big"? Only to find the bolt wasn't even finger tight! Oh well one less thing to worry about. But now the bike won't start! It's either the carbs or the plugs, but since I havn't got a socket for that plug size I can't check until tomorrow. Fires with Easy-start, n revs with the throttle, so probs the plugs (had this problem before on my Gixxer 4). Comming along nicely.