Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Oct-2006, 13:43
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing
i Did Luce... within about 3 seconds of reading it myself

Exactly, so I really don't see any valid reason for mods to need to look at them. We're all grown ups, though it might not always seem so, and are perfectly capable of letting the right people know when action should be taken regarding 'private' matters
Old 16-Oct-2006, 13:46
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Can a member of the webteam or MT please point out which part of the forum rules allows the viewing of PMs and whether this is open to the webteam only or all of the MT.

Please can you also provide guidance on the methods used for checking PM content. Is this a random check across all forum members, a specific check against specific memebers or are all PMs checked?

Thanks
Old 16-Oct-2006, 13:47
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
Can a member of the webteam or MT please point out which part of the forum rules allows the viewing of PMs and whether this is open to the webteam only or all of the MT.

Please can you also provide guidance on the methods used for checking PM content. Is this a random check across all forum members, a specific check against specific memebers or are all PMs checked?

Thanks
[x] should have been a PM

Old 16-Oct-2006, 13:49
Ducati Meccanica

Can I ask if data protection comes into this
Old 16-Oct-2006, 13:55
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
It's all gone quiet...that seems to happen when too many questions are posed
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
It does, however, explain an e-mail I had from Ian last week.

er, - don't think it does, the e-mail I sent to you (and others) had nothing to do with PM's, - it was about the difficult time that the club is going through. - Now if you are saying that there is something in your inbox that we should be aware of........JOKE.

The sad reality is that there is a high degree of mistrust within the club, - certain people have not trusted the MT for some time, - and certain members of the club have not been trusted by the MT. SHOCK!!! I have seen the lies and stirring that goes on through U2U’s, - last year I had u2u’s forwarded to me and I still have copies of a few where a person was looking for support in a breakaway series of DesmoDue. Can I justify having read those messages and kept copies? Yes, - DesmoDue is an asset to this club, attempting to take it away from the Club is theft of a member asset. The MT has a duty to the entire membership to protect its assets. The webiste is also a member asset, - should it be used to promote theft? Not in my opinion.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:13
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
er, - don't think it does, the e-mail I sent to you (and others) had nothing to do with PM's, - it was about the difficult time that the club is going through. - Now if you are saying that there is something in your inbox that we should be aware of........JOKE.

The sad reality is that there is a high degree of mistrust within the club, - certain people have not trusted the MT for some time, - and certain members of the club have not been trusted by the MT. SHOCK!!! I have seen the lies and stirring that goes on through U2U’s, - last year I had u2u’s forwarded to me and I still have copies of a few where a person was looking for support in a breakaway series of DesmoDue. Can I justify having read those messages and kept copies? Yes, - DesmoDue is an asset to this club, attempting to take it away from the Club is theft of a member asset. The MT has a duty to the entire membership to protect its assets. The webiste is also a member asset, - should it be used to promote theft? Not in my opinion.

Ian

your reference is regarding u2us 'forwarded' onto you, there is a significant difference between this and reading other peoples PMs without invitation.

Please can I ask that eaither yourself or another member of the MT or webteam respond to my questions above.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:14
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I'm guessing they'll (the MT/Webteam) will be checking the forum rules.I would suggest it might be worth someone copying and pasting them before they get changed (maybe....) before they the MT come back with any kind of response.Alternatively this thread gets deleted as per the norm or we all get put on moderation so the so called "trouble makers" can't have a say in the club/forum they pay for is run LOL!!
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:16
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Any legal eagles on here who know the in's and outs of data protection within a forum and especially paid up members of said forum?
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
I cannot see PM's or U2U's (whatever they are called). I have in the past been able to view them, - but I think they were called u2u's then. The person whose u2u's I have read is aware of my viewing of them, but I will not incriminate that person by putting down their name here.