Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 31-May-2005, 13:32
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbles
Quote:
Originally posted by Ducnow
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
At last!!

It's just a shame that Corser and Suzuki have such a big advantage or this would be a GREAT WSB championship.

Yeah, but its been a Ducati cup for years, Its about time the Dukes do some work for a change.

Maybe they just had the best riders

Dude, as much as I love the Ducati, They dont have the best riders on the grid.

Last year was the worst WSB in its history and no offence to JT, but he had the easiest year ever and he almost cocked it up.
Old 31-May-2005, 13:46
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Yeah , that was the first year after all the Big Factories pulled out (no yamaha,honda, kawasaki or suzuki) god that was a dull, yep Hodgy had it easy that year.

The best Battle I`ve seen was 3 years ago, Bayliss and Edwards. Fantastic.
Old 31-May-2005, 14:37
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbles
Quote:
Originally posted by Ducnow
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
At last!!

It's just a shame that Corser and Suzuki have such a big advantage or this would be a GREAT WSB championship.

Yeah, but its been a Ducati cup for years, Its about time the Dukes do some work for a change.

But whats the betting that if Ducati do get beaten that in 2006/7 they appear with a V4?? It will be eligible since they will have sold 500 by then. What bets on Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki being able to beat that??
I was chatting with Laconi's team boss on Thursday night and asked him the question-he said they wouldn't do it as Ducati are about twins, but he also agreed it would be possible and probably unbeatable..............

John
Old 31-May-2005, 14:46
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Rumour around the paddock on Sunday was Ducati had approached FGSport regarding upping the engine capacity to 1200cc!

Another fellow DSC member told me that whilst chatting in the paddock, sorry I cannot reveal my sources
Old 31-May-2005, 14:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Well you wouldn't have thought Corser was happy to settle for consistency watching him try and go round the outside of Toseland at Bridge and nick the inside line for the next corner. The man is a racer.

But what a depressing thread this is! Seems a whole bunch of moaners and naysayers have turned up to spread gloom on a great performance. Are you actually Ducati enthusiasts? Do you enjoy seeing Ducatis win? Seems not from this thread.

It seems people enjoy pouring cold water on Ducati's achievements. If it's not the old chestnut about it being a 'Ducati Cup', in past years then it's more doom and gloom being poured on Hodgsons title because the other factories pulled out. You can only race the opposition that turns up and you've still got to win it.

WSB dull last year? Yeah right, a championship that goes right to the wire with three potential winners in the last race...and that's dull? Toseland still had to beat Laconi and Vermuelen.

And now the championship has all the Japanese teams back in, and the V-Twin Dukes are competing on a completely level playing field with unrestricted 1000cc in-line fours, we've still got the doom mongers detracting from a really good performance. They only won because it's a Duke track? All down to the drive they can get out of a single corner?

Laconi and Toseland both had to win it against world class riders and the hot favourite Suzukis though didn't they? I seem to remember pre-race predictions that Corser would walk both races. Toseland rode a cracking race in the second race, reeling in Haga, then Corser passing them and making it stick.

How short do the straights have to be to be competitive with the GSXR's and the rest of the in-line fours? Hmmmmm...how about Qatar with it's 1 km straight? Laconi on the podium in both races. How about Monza? Laconi on the podium in both races and only just pipped by Vermuelen (with Toseland showing improving form as well).

Normal service resumed at Brno? Well, it's quite a technical twisty circuit so...we'll see.

This year, Ducati is competing fair and square with the in-line fours, with no rules stacked in their favour. They have an inevitable power deficit and they have gone from top dog to underdog. Ducati were predicted to be completely outclassed this year if you believed some of the pundits on this board, people were saying they would be lucky to get a podium this year. Well, Corser's lead looks pretty much unassailable baring injury, but Ducati outclassed? Not in my book.
Old 31-May-2005, 15:00
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Jools spot on there as ever, this championship is shaping up really well, Ducati have come back, and we're still waiting for the likes of Honda or Yamaha to make that leap forward, and you know they will with the riders they have.

Last year was fantastic right down to the wire, and this one could be the same, especially being the most level playing field there has been for years.
Old 31-May-2005, 18:25
Mille

Couldn't agree more Jools, i was at the last race 2004 and from the first to the second race i think 3 riders could have won the championship, and the top spot changed after virtualy every meeting, i was very sceptical with the one make tyre, but i feel it has made the championship more competative.

With regards to the silverstone race i was also sat in fromt of the last hairpin and the support for JT was amazing and every one was really behind him, for him to do what he did took alot of motivation considering his earlier performances, i think his side of the team have finnaly pulled together and given him the motivation as it was clear last year that the team were visably disapionted with him winning, not Regis, so again well done James
Old 31-May-2005, 19:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Just watched both races last night after returning from Donington. I thought it was fantastic racing! Ducati must be elated with 2 wins and 3 podiums. Laconi, Toseland, and Corser dug really, really deep to finish were they did. Corser did everything he could to win either race. He was not settling for second.

There are always reasons you can find why someone has a so called "easy time" to win a race or even a championship. Foggy is pretty handy at discrediting current riders. Truth is it's never easy!

Currently, WSB is pretty damn good racing. Come to think of it, so is MotoGP and BSB. AMA not quite so much, though. With excellent TV coverage of so many categories of motorcycle racing, provided you have Sky, it's never been better. At least as far as I can remember.
Old 01-Jun-2005, 11:36
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
A Duke track eh?.. Not long back people were saying how the Ducatis had no chance on tracks with tight chicanes !!!!

Well done JT
Old 03-Jun-2005, 03:42
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Well you wouldn't have thought Corser was happy to settle for consistency watching him try and go round the outside of Toseland at Bridge and nick the inside line for the next corner. The man is a racer.

THE MANS A CHAMPION

But what a depressing thread this is! Seems a whole bunch of moaners and naysayers have turned up to spread gloom on a great performance. Are you actually Ducati enthusiasts? Do you enjoy seeing Ducatis win? Seems not from this thread.

SORRY ?

It seems people enjoy pouring cold water on Ducati's achievements. If it's not the old chestnut about it being a 'Ducati Cup', in past years then it's more doom and gloom being poured on Hodgsons title because the other factories pulled out. You can only race the opposition that turns up and you've still got to win it.

I AM IN TOTAL HARMONY WITH THAT.

WSB dull last year? Yeah right, a championship that goes right to the wire with three potential winners in the last race...and that's dull? Toseland still had to beat Laconi and Vermuelen.

A FANTASTIC YEARS RACING

And now the championship has all the Japanese teams back in, and the V-Twin Dukes are competing on a completely level playing field with unrestricted 1000cc in-line fours, we've still got the doom mongers detracting from a really good performance. They only won because it's a Duke track? All down to the drive they can get out of a single corner?

DUCATI WIN RACE 1 and 2 AND REALLY SHOW THEY HAVE THE MEASURE OF CORSER AND THE GSXR.
OUT OF THE BUS STOP THE WAY THE DUCATI PUT DOWN THE POWER AND LEFT THE
GSXR SPINNING AND SRABLING FOR GRIP WAS TRULY IMPRESSIVE
NOT JUST HANGING ON BUT BEATING CORSER
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE DUKES WIN EVRY RACE TO THE END OF THE YEAR BUT THE GSXR IS TO STRONG AND WITH CORSER IN THE SEAT IT ANT GONA HAPPEN.

Laconi and Toseland both had to win it against world class riders and the hot favourite Suzukis though didn't they? I seem to remember pre-race predictions that Corser would walk both races. Toseland rode a cracking race in the second race, reeling in Haga, then Corser passing them and making it stick.

AS I SAID PLEASED TO SEE THEM WIN. JAMES TOSELAND SO GOOD TO SEE HIM RIDE LIKE THAT.

How short do the straights have to be to be competitive with the GSXR's and the rest of the in-line fours? Hmmmmm...how about Qatar with it's 1 km straight? Laconi on the podium in both races. How about Monza? Laconi on the podium in both races and only just pipped by Vermuelen (with Toseland showing improving form as well).

I SAID THE GSXR

LACONI WAS ON THE PODIUM BUT NOT REALY LOOKING TO TAKE CORSER FOR THE WINS

Normal service resumed at Brno? Well, it's quite a technical twisty circuit so...we'll see.

I LOVE TO WATCH DUCATI WIN BUT THIS YEAR IS CORSERS
HE WOULD LOVE TO WIN THEM ALL BUT IF HE CAN'T THEN TWO SECONDS WILL DO NICELY THANKS. HE NEVER EVER OVER RIDES FOR THE WIN. HE IS MR COOL AND THIS YEAR HE IS ON THE FAST BIKE.

This year, Ducati is competing fair and square with the in-line fours, with no rules stacked in their favour. They have an inevitable power deficit and they have gone from top dog to underdog. Ducati were predicted to be completely outclassed this year if you believed some of the pundits on this board, people were saying they would be lucky to get a podium this year. Well, Corser's lead looks pretty much unassailable baring injury, but Ducati outclassed? Not in my book.

OR MINE I HAVENT LIKED WATCHING JAPS TAKEING DUCATI SILVERWEAR ONE LITTLE BIT.I WOULD LIKE TO SEE DUCATI TAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT CORSER IS A CHAMPION AND WILL RIDE THE REST OF THE RACES AS ONE.

NOT A DUCATI SUPORTER BUG**R OFF
STICK END RONG OF

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit