Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 12-Jan-2007, 07:15
everton

Bmf 2007

Any news, thoughts on this? Been there for years and helped out at the DSC stand for the last 4.

With the experience of organising last year's event I think we should be agreeing strategy now and getting our plot picked.

Happy to help where I can but can't get too involved due to major commitments in June.

Webteam ... can we make this a sticky please?
Old 12-Jan-2007, 18:16
everton

No interest then?

I don't think we can wait until the AGM to discuss this!
Old 12-Jan-2007, 18:43
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by everton
Any news, thoughts on this? Been there for years and helped out at the DSC stand for the last 4.

With the experience of organising last year's event I think we should be agreeing strategy now and getting our plot picked.

Happy to help where I can but can't get too involved due to major commitments in June.

Good post Dave, I have enjoyed the last few years at the BMF helping out on the Clubs stand but it looks like I will have to give it a miss this year as it clashes with the DesmoDue round at Mallory on the 20th May

BMF Show
East of England Showground
19th & 20th May 2007

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Jan-2007, 19:48
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:

Good point well made David. With your experience of having pulled the event together for us last year could you be coerced into putting a few words together to go into Pronto.

Deadline for next issue is middle to late next week so plenty of time.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 14-Jan-2007, 22:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
I don't mind helping out. Kids adored last year, even if it did pee it down constantly. It was a complete adventure. AND...I don't mind doing curry, it always seems to go down pretty well
I reckon the only way is up, it'll be great this year if we get our finger out
Old 15-Jan-2007, 08:07
everton

Thanks Lisa for the PM and your post.

I'm afraid what will kill the BMF for the DSC this year is not lethargy by the membership but the fact that there is a DD round at Mallory on the Sunday which knocks out any attendance by the DD fraternity and any chance of having their bikes on the stand.

It would seem then that both the BMF and the Popham megameet will go the same way. The DSC is more interested in DD and the Cadwell track days in August.
Old 15-Jan-2007, 09:54
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Post moved to DSC events and made sticky!

Just checked and I'm working nights on the 19th & 20th but, I've never been for years and its a great excuse to take a first nightshift off

So I might be able to help out on the Sat - providing I can get the nightshift off from work which should be ok.

If I can help with anything from an organising point of view - please let me know.

Cheers - Frank
Old 15-Jan-2007, 17:40
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Having some tinnies and a barbie
Quote:

I'm afraid what will kill the BMF for the DSC this year is not lethargy by the membership but the fact that there is a DD round at Mallory on the Sunday which knocks out any attendance by the DD fraternity and any chance of having their bikes on the stand.

That's a shame.

I am sure that there would be enough DSC members bikes that could attend.
The DD series is just a part of what the DSC does offer. It has many more events and interests that cover a whole specrtum of Ducati ownership, which could be showcased at the BMF.

Is there any way this event could go ahead without the DD support??
Old 15-Jan-2007, 18:26
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
The DSC is more interested in DD and the Cadwell track days in August.

Hmmmm....bit of a sweeping statement there David

I don't think that the BMF relies upon having a large number of DD'ers there, since DD is already more than adequately publicised as a club activity to would-be racers.

In fact I think that it would perhaps be better, this year, to focus upon what the club offers to the ordinary Joes like me and you. I also think that we should have a good hard think about the format we use. Last year, me and KeefyB took it upon ourselves to organise road bike displays and actually had too many - we thought we'd have the same size marquee as the previous year.

Psychlist and me have talked this over during MT meetings and you're right...time for a serious bit of early planning I think.

After last year, the BHCN crew were also talking about putting a bit of muscle into the BMF, 'cos it's on our doorstep. Let's keep talking about it because I for one love the craic of a weekend of bikes, more bikes, beer, beer, beer, barbecues, beer, bikes, banter and bollix

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 15-Jan-2007, 20:21
everton

Sorry, that didn't come across right.

What I meant was that the Popham Mega-Meet has to go on the back burner again this year simply because most of those that would attend will come to the Cadwell Park Track (two) Day(er) which runs on the Mon/Tues following.

I believe the same will be true of the BMF in that a good proportion of those that would normally be there to help will be at Mallory on Sunday.

That probably also goes for spectators from the DSC.

Personally, sounds like a good weekend to me - BMF on Saturday, overnight stop and over to Mallory for the racing on Sunday.

However, in saying all that, coincidentally, the BMF forms and details turned up in the post today.

So what's it to be then? We have early option to get our plot and start in good time. We can start by making a provisional list of DSC helpers ....

Everton
Ramirez
Kwikbitch
Jools
KeefyB
F_E ( would Ducati_Dad be coming as well Andy?)