Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 08-Dec-2009, 11:25
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
Good tyres

I assume that also means Dunlop wets ?
What about supply of standard wheels and discs for the spare set and has the final spec been confirmed regarding suspension and exhausts etc ?

ta

Tony,

Everything is now confirmed. If you want more info please e-mail me at chris.bushell@sgrassociates.com

Chris
Old 08-Dec-2009, 22:07
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementor

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Oiy-that's my line-alledgedly.......................

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 16-Dec-2009, 11:29
DSC Club Member
Bikes: Triumph Sprint ST & Ducati 620SS

Mood: Always Angry
Hi all
Sounds Brilliant this series and would love to give it a go as I raced the 1098S last year (winning the Sound of Thunder title with New Era) so I am familiar with the chassis etc. Unfortunately I am withiout a ride at present so if anyone has a spare 848 to lend me............
Old 16-Dec-2009, 12:24
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
"He'd been anticipating this moment for days, after reading the post, WeeJohnyB looked around for anyone who might be intruding on his laptop screen and with the stealth of a younger man, quietly opened another tab. His heart raced, pumping fast, his eyes darting across the screen. He sat forward and clicked on 'favourites' anticipating the moment as the egg timer danced in front of him. He looked up above the grey partition that separated him from the other grey people in his grey office and clicked on 'Digital Banking'. After a few moments of trying to remember his password, he hit enter, closed his eyes and waited for the screen to change. The office went quiet. With his eyes closed, his thoughts turned to the first round, 35 848's lined up, he'd qualified well, the red lights went on, the fury of the race was about to explode off the line. As the cresendo appraoched, he reluctantly opened his eyes and adjusting to the light, squinted at the tiny numbers. As they came into focus, he noticed the small dash that appeared before the number headed 'Balance'. The noise of the office returned as he fell into reality. He pressed 'escape', 'log out', 'delete' and every other button he could before slowly closing the lid on the cruel dream that is racing in the 848 series. If only. Later that day, he decided to invest in more gaffa tape for his CB500"

WeeJohnyB
Old 16-Dec-2009, 16:49
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
WJB - LOL

At least you have the time & talent to consider doing it!!!

I have neither

..............also I don't like pain
Old 16-Dec-2009, 18:42
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO22ER
Hi all
Sounds Brilliant this series and would love to give it a go as I raced the 1098S last year (winning the Sound of Thunder title with New Era) so I am familiar with the chassis etc. Unfortunately I am withiout a ride at present so if anyone has a spare 848 to lend me............

I will lend you one, if you lend me £20K...............alterntively, buy one. You get free leathers etc.
Old 15-Jan-2010, 14:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I see there is now a Website dedicated to the series, but still in its early stages
http://www.ducati848challenge.co.uk/

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 15-Jan-2010, 17:13
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Kev,

We are working away on finishing everything off at the moment. 3 hour meeting this morning with many of the parties involved to finalise length of races, etc.

We have a steady stream of entries coming in and the reaction is very positive. The guys that are enquiring would appear to be fairly experienced and I get the feeling that the sharp end of the grid is going to be rather competitive!

TV coverage is coming along nicely as well!
Old 15-Jan-2010, 19:59
DSC Club Member
Bikes: Triumph Sprint ST & Ducati 620SS

Mood: Always Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker V2
I will lend you one, if you lend me £20K...............alterntively, buy one. You get free leathers etc.

WOW a comedian!!!!!!

Iv'e had a 1098S bought for me to ride last year and a 999 the year before so I didn't think it was a strange thing to ask. There are plenty of people out there with bikes to ride. If you are good enough!!!
Old 15-Jan-2010, 20:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
The guys that are enquiring would appear to be fairly experienced and I get the feeling that the sharp end of the grid is going to be rather competitive!

Well I expect to see this young man up at the sharp end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #848.jpg (93.9 KB, 24 views)

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit