Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:14
Mille

I've never been to a trackday so went along to spectate and met the guys in the moto rapido garage, there were about 6 of them there, some in the fast group (fast by name ... wow) and more interestingly some in the slow group, who made me feel that i should have had a go (was there in the car though) I was made to feel very welcome by everyone so thanks guys.

looked like a great day for those riding, slow group didnt look that slow for an onlooker! and would stay well away from the fast group! timed some of the quick ones doing lap times at 54 something seconds! but convinced to have a go next year.
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:18
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
It was fab. I had more fun than it's legal to have in south london.

really ??? cheeky ??? lol ... good to see you gorgeous .. x
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:22
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Rally
Yup. It's forked. Guess I need a new lump... a 620 would be nice

I was having a good day up til then. It handles real nice and nothing fell off... well, nothing major at least.

Thanks to all for a good day.

Wanna buy a 583 engine??
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:24
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I too enjoyed the day greatly, but I'm absolutely knackered!!!!

A cheeky curry in Eltham last night with Dibbs, Jon, Steve and a guest appearance by Chi meant that a late night / early start did not prepare me well for a day of thrashing the nuts off my poor Monnie to try to keep up with the "bigger boys"

I did get some quick laps in though, only because I blagged a couple of rides on a very, very trick 749R - many thanks Butch and on a very well sorted CBR600RR - many thanks Jon.

Both these bikes need to be worked, but when you get them up into the top of the rev range - fcuk me - they are extremely rapid and handle sublimely.

Now if I can only get my Monnie to turn half as quick as the 600RR and feel any where near as stable and planted as the 749R I'd be a very happy boy.

It was great to catch up with DSC'ers old and new and many, many thanks to Monty et al for "keeping the faith" and making TA5 a reality.

Here's to the TA6 - Jerez 2006 (now that's a good idea!!!! )

Tim
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:26
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
And on a more serious note, another top day - thanks to Monty and co for organising a good day, keeping the rain away and spending the day in a day-glo jerkin (!)

Also thanks to the MotoRapido guys for the beer and dancing girls at the end of the day, it was worth staying around for
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:33
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Anytime Paul, had to do something to cheer you up with those lap times

Seriously, thanks to all at DSC, Steve and i had a mega day, even seemed to get the hang of the track by the last session.

Very very well run trackday, friendly day and the only track day i've been to with no idiots on track, not that i saw anyway (just thought... maybe it was me???)

Count us in for next years days. we'll try and round some more of our customers up again.

Wilf and Steve - Moto Rapido
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Ace day. Worth the travelling, getting up at some untimely hour and not getting in 'til 9-15pm...........

big thanks to Monty, Philippe and Yeti.

That was the best trackday i've done. I've learnt so much in such a short time today. got down to 1' 1"'s

Great to see everyone from down sarf to
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:59
Ducati Corse

Excellent day which will be my last trackday - what a way to end! Goodish weather, excellent organisation and fantastic folk to name but a few - Stuart who popped his trackday cherry on the R1 and blasted past everyone on the straights Dave on the amazing sounding Benelli TNT, Wilf for really enjoying himself Webby for being just as fast as his last trackday, Ruthie for being lovely, and Simon for buying the drinks Stout fellows all. H
Old 06-Oct-2005, 00:05
Montjuic

Mood: face your fears live your dreams
what can i say my first track day. thanks for all the help from those boys in the yellow vests. infact everone made me fill realy at home. i had a great day. think i need to work on the times felt like i was standing still sometimes.i came home with a grin from ear to ear thats what its all about whens the next one cheers again
Old 06-Oct-2005, 00:09
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth

So thanks DSC. Wot's even be'er is we all got 20 quid back ----- don't quite understand why but it pays for the petrol

Good to see you as well Ruth - but when did you get your £20 back? Perhaps I was in one of my (many) trips to the gents.....