Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Mar-2009, 12:27
Mille

916 Racing / 955 Corsa queries and part search.

1. Does anyone know whether a race clock surround (like this one on the link below) can be used with a road bike eg. headlights? What does this part normal screw on to? The standard clocks are one part on my bike that doesnt look great and also the radial clutch lever adjustment perfectly hits the trip turn on the clocks reducing the steering! Or am I better trying to get a magnetti digital dash?

http://www.bursievolution.com/catalo...12374207b8f563

2. I have a standard swingarm at the moment (hope for a mag one at some stage!) I sourced a original corsa rear axle and race disc but I think I need a corse/corsa brake hanger to fit a little GP 24 P2 Brembo race caliper.

3. Anyone know of a rear p2 race caliper for sale?

4. Did the 1995 - 1996 916 Racing / 955 Corsa have a 50mm system and termis or a 54mm? I am getting conficting views on this one. I thought it was 50mm steels system with titanium cans with carbon sleeves?

5. Finally, when it comes to ECUs I know next to nothing. I am aware that these give the program to the engine but thats where my knowledge stops! If I have a 1996 955Sp (916SPA) I assume this runs a standard 916sp style P8 ecu. Occasionally I see corse race ECUs up for sale here is one on ebay... though this is particularly expensive!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...846344ff1920fa

Are these programmed only to run with say an original Corsa engine or can / would they improve the preformance of my 955cc bike?

Many thanks to anyone who might be able to help me out with these techical questions.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 12:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Those race dashes usually came attached to the carbon front fairing mount/ECU holder but I can offer one up to a headlight bucket to see. If memory serves me right Lapman had one on his 998R with headlight and had a Spa Tacho fitted with the LCD Speedo in the middle.
the first 955s did have a race 50mm full system with large Lambda probe inserts, well mine came with my 955 Corse motor.
ECU should be a P8 running twin injectors mine has a Corse Chip with I think its 12500rpm rev limit

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Mar-2009, 12:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Heres Dean's gallery
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/vb...?do=view&g=222

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook