Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Jun-2012, 10:41

I have done 4300 miles on mine now including a recent trip to Croatia, the bike does weave at high speeds and it certainly doesn't like slightly bumpy roads especially in corners ir doesn't give me any confidence at all. The front end is doing something completely different to the rear, very un nerving, i have tried many different settings but with no real success so far.
I have also changed my setting from F to P.
Old 26-Jun-2012, 13:14
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Blimey. Glad I haven't got the dosh to chop in my EVO
Old 27-Jun-2012, 21:45
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Having now developed a phobia that my bike will do the same I have booked it into JHP to get the suspension set up for me.

That said, today I did another 300 mile round trip and deliberately included some long sweeping corners at highish speeds with the tyres now taking the writing off the tyre shoulder and no weave or unpleasantness was experienced. Indeed it handled very nicely indeed.

I am now worried that my paranoia will be difficult to explain to the Law when I say, well officer I've heard that there could be a weave at high speed on long sweeping bends so I feel obliged to now do it at every opportunity.
Old 29-Jun-2012, 10:42
Montjuic

I am picking the bike back up today or tomorrow where its been having the full system fitted. I also ordered the race seat as the original one doesn't really offer much in the way of grip.
I did a full reset of the settings on the way up to the dealers last weekend and the handling was much better, I don't know if its possible for the stepper motors to get out of synch? I'll have a chat with the mechanics when Im there and see what they think re suspension settings as they are all club racers so should have a few suggestions.
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Ben
Old 29-Jun-2012, 17:26
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by benF04
I am picking the bike back up today or tomorrow where its been having the full system fitted. I also ordered the race seat as the original one doesn't really offer much in the way of grip.
I did a full reset of the settings on the way up to the dealers last weekend and the handling was much better, I don't know if its possible for the stepper motors to get out of synch? I'll have a chat with the mechanics when Im there and see what they think re suspension settings as they are all club racers so should have a few suggestions.
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Ben

Good luck

The weave issue must be a set up problem as its inconceivable that Ducati will have designed the architecture of the bike to be unstable or problematic.

Be good to hear your perception of the full Termi system.

Also good to hear whether the seat is an improvement as I agree the standard one is not all grippy and is also hard as a board too.
Old 02-Jul-2012, 10:50
Montjuic

Hello All,
The love affair is back on. The reset on the handling made a big difference and we are going where we want rather than weaving all over the place. The front is a bit too soft but at least I have a good point to start from rather than wondering what on earth is going on.
I'll try and speak to Rich at Austin Racing later on to see what he thinks re settings and keep you informed.
I'll post re full system and race seat under a different post.

Cheers,
Ben