Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Dec-2005, 21:29
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Dp S4r de-cat pipe

Got mine in post today Part No. =979A00103 looks good bigger bore than stock, on thing puzzling me is there are hooks on the ends of pipes that go to existing headers but i cant see anywhere on the existing headers where the included 2 springs will go.

Has anyone else fitted one yet?

Heres pic to,
Old 31-Dec-2005, 00:42
Big Twin

here it is on bike looks so much better and sounds like a 996 should do to, goes better to so far not opened it up been to cold but we will see
Old 31-Dec-2005, 09:17
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Looks great,.........you did'nt find out where the front spring should go then?!
Old 31-Dec-2005, 12:57
Big Twin

Yeah well Ducati Ayelsbury said they asked ducati when they first got theres and said the springs will be for other models maybe on the new S2r 1000ds or the S4rs so one kit for all sort thing.

Just got un-used hooks on there now maybe grind em off, one thing It looks like to me the pipe goes over i think the oil drain plug which is a bit crap if it is for a ducati part too

But it sounds awesome!!! open airbox maybe next!

Pic of pipe over plug,
Old 31-Dec-2005, 14:19
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Sad but true, the full system does cover the oil drain plug.

Most of the full race systems that are oversize (54mm +) on the 748>996 series cover the oil filter, makes for a painfull oil change trackside! akward too, you need hot oil for a good oil change but a cold exhaust pipe to get to it! out with the heat proof gloves!

Ducati (read Termignoni) have a habit of bringing out a system that fits all, then it gets a mod for next year. You will most likely find the termis for the S4RS use the hooks, and the next version of S2R and S4R cans will use them too.

There have been a few changes to the 57mm full 999 system, same part number, price etc but they have changed the pipework twice since it was released.

[Edited on 31-12-2005 by wilf]
Old 01-Jan-2006, 16:29
Big Twin

Very true wilf, I expect this means my dealer will wait for it to cool then till they take it off unless they got the gloves etc.

Then again Im sure the pipe cool pretty quick compared to the actual engine itself. Must be careful with bolts snapping though to as when hot they snap easily as i found out in past.

My dealer also metioned that other bikes to like 749/999 have same problem maybe with full termi system he means.

Wonder why it is done though maybe its most direct for pipe but all others i have seen go past it not under, cant see any gd reason for it

[Edited on 1-1-2006 by Lee1980]