Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Apr-2005, 15:56
Big Twin

(sorry to confuse, if I did .. just posted this as Strachs having signed wifey up on the board ... deleted and reposted now)

Hmmm ... Termi race can with no chip? As far as I know, if you want the power increase then you want the remapping to match it. In the case of the 749 it is an ECU change rather than just the chip. I reckon my Termi system made quite a difference to the low/mid-range performance. Woke it up rather nicely. It is loud, but I have pulled alongside a copper in traffic and just left it chugging away on tick over and he didn't take any notice. And that is in Lincolnshire where they have a bit of a reputation I beleive. It is only REALLY loud when you give it some welly, and if you do that in town or when passing an "officer of the law" then you are asking for it. Also, no petition from my elderly and grumpy neighbours yet either, although they might be busy compiling one now!

As for the attachment above, not to my taste. I know when the 749/999 first came out (almost) everyone was bitching about the big box instead of the twin cans of the 748/9xx, but I like the lines and would prefer to have a replacement system that keeps that "unique" look.

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by HW]
Old 04-Apr-2005, 18:15
Mille

Sonic,as it happens i have a Casoli - marlin system for sale for about £350,their easy to fit and can confirm the bike ran well without a chip or pc. If interested u2u me.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 20:29
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Sonic my 04 749S is currently away at Ducati Leeds.

There is quite a sag attached to it and the correct ECU / Chip being fitted. Some dealers have fitted 03 Termi's to 04 bikes and had problems.

It should if Ducati UK keep there word be back on Friday.

I am about 5 mins up the road from Pro Twins so if you want to pop round and see it in the flesh just ask or even want the low down on all the issues I encountered from dealers and the fitting of exhausts etc. I am at home most of this week so drop us a U2U if you need anything.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 20:32
Mille

Mood: bleedin ecstatic!
Excellent, cheers mate, I will do
Old 04-Apr-2005, 20:33
Mille

I meant (looks a bit dodgy with the winking going on, sorry) haha
Old 04-Apr-2005, 21:09
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
The standard system on a 749/999 is an asymetrical system with the pipes being differnt diameters and different lenghts. These have two catalytic converters one for each cylinder.

The asymetrical termi still has pipes with different lengths and diameters, but the catalysts have been removed. These have the ducati sound, but only give a small (if any) power gain. They comes with a new ECU to remap the fueling
Notes these do not fit on 749R's. They do save a lot of weight

Next up are full termis. These replace the end can and all the pipework, they provide a bigger power gain. They comes in various sizes up to 57mm. They also comes with new ECU's to remap the fueling.

I have heard that once the new ECU has been fitted to a bike it can not be used in another bike (I can not confirm this, but if I was buying a used termi I would check)

So why are people using power commanders.
If the ECU can not be moved to a new bike, then a new ECU would be needed (about £700). A power commander can be used instead and it is only £300. Also termi's are the only pipes that come with the new ECU, so if you fit a Leo Vinco you will need a Power Commnder.

Also the new ECU is not adjustable, so if you want to get a perfect mapping or you have any other tuning mods then you will need a power commander and some dyno time

Also differnt years and models have different swinging arms, make sure the pipe will fit with the swing arm as they need to be different

AFAIK the only system that is road legal is the original system

Hope that helps
Old 04-Apr-2005, 23:54
Mille

wow. Brilliant, cheers for that matey!
Old 05-Apr-2005, 00:05
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
The immobiliser system works so that ONCE the bikes key has been used to start the bike the ECU will ONLY recognise that key...............its a security measure but means that ECU's cannot be interchanged once they have been used on a particular bike.
Old 05-Apr-2005, 00:09
Mille

Yea actually heard that too, mentioned something about having the Red key to the bike...
Old 05-Apr-2005, 12:50
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by bazzer sps
Sonic,as it happens i have a Casoli - marlin system for sale for about £350,their easy to fit and can confirm the bike ran well without a chip or pc. If interested u2u me.

Have you got a piccie with the system fitted?