Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jun-2006, 17:38
Mille
Bikes: Monster S4R & 749S

Mood: Mellow Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbitch
I'm interested to see what people think...Redmist on here has a set of the ones that come through the fairing. He drilled holes in his track fairings but not in his standard red fairings.
I had a look at his 749 the other day and thought that this was a pretty good idea. Without the mushrooms the bike looks pretty but you have the piece of mind.
The fitment under the fairing is so big without the plastic mushroom it looked like it will protect the frame and engine if you had a road crash...when he put on his track fairings he screwed on the extension mushroom, therefore protecting the track fairing as well as the frame and engine.

The R & G kit is very well engineered and robust, including a longer bolt that goes through the engine mount replacing the shorter Duc item. Either side of the frame and onto the engine bolt you clamp billet machined blocks that attach to 3 frame spars - spreading the load of an impact, and very effective as I found out at Brands last October! These will sit under a standard fairing without bother but I drilled holes through my race fairing to attach the R&G crash bungs with large diameter bolts. The left had bolt bent on impact with the tarmac (absorbing some of the blow) and the bung wore down as the bike went round Clearways on its side! Result - no damage to frame, tank, or anything else apart from the fairing EXCEPT when the bike went off the track, the frame and tank got some gravel rash from the stones flying up . Overall, very please with the performance - well worth the £175 cost. Not sure I'd recommed going on track without the bungs (and a race fairing) but fine on the road and would offer protection.