Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Feb-2009, 19:20
Mille

Mood: what a day, a year, a life it's been
Angry Anti British Gas rant.

Forgive me, but I feel the need to vent my spleen.

British Gas are a bunch of robbing *@!*!'s!

Some of you may know I brought a business last year. Not a good time, maybe, and times have been tough.

On the previous owner's last day I stood with him whilst we both read the meters and called the gas and electricity companies to inform them of the change of ownership.

We carried on receiving bills from British Gas - and paid them. Then they realised that ownership of the company had changed.

They say that the contract the previous owner had with them became void when he sold the company and that as we have not signed a new contract with them the gas we have used (and paid for) should have been charged at a special non-contract rate.

Usually one months bill is £160. The non-contract price is £500!

When I told them I thought it was taking the p and asked them to investigate they immediate sent in the debt-recovery team! No friendly reminders, no communication at all. So, I paid up and today I get another letter stating that court action is being taken as I still owe them £0.00 (yes, nil pounds, nil pence).

Bunch of incompetent fools.
Old 12-Feb-2009, 19:28
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
No wonder the countries economy is in the state it is, the fat cats get fatter as the exspense of the small companies

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Feb-2009, 19:46
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
No wonder the countries economy is in the state it is, the fat cats get fatter as the exspense of the small companies

Hear-Hear!
Old 12-Feb-2009, 20:30
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Let them take you to court for owing £0.00 - would like to see what happens!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 12-Feb-2009, 20:55
Mille

I was thinking of sending them a cheque for £1.00 then start sending them threatening letters demanding they pay me back plus interest.

My wife pointed out that I would be sinking to thier level, so maybe I'll just write to "Watchdog".
Old 12-Feb-2009, 20:57
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Maybe a Solicitors letter would be in order Harasment Surely as you were both there on the change over day BG should of notified you earlier about the contract rate. Can you not change suppliers ? Im on the understanding that a gas supply cannot be shut of just because of a bad dept or unpaid bill so if you did not pay the increase as technically you were not informed its down to BG ? There's all ways the local paper to bring into the equation 4D
Old 12-Feb-2009, 21:12
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
Maybe a Solicitors letter would be in order Harasment Surely as you were both there on the change over day BG should of notified you earlier about the contract rate. Can you not change suppliers ? Im on the understanding that a gas supply cannot be shut of just because of a bad dept or unpaid bill so if you did not pay the increase as technically you were not informed its down to BG ? There's all ways the local paper to bring into the equation 4D

Just to complicate matters the previous owner had already informed BG that he wanted to change suppliers. To my amazement the lady in BG's dispute resolution dept told me that if we had stayed with BG she could do something about the bill, but as we were no longer BG customers she couldn't do anything! When I mentioned that I was thinking of telling Watchdog" she said "I wouldn't blame you!".

Amazing.
Old 12-Feb-2009, 21:51
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
If your a member a Quick call to the federation of small Business should sort it, A font of information these guys are Brilliant.
We got chased by the performing arts society as we have a radio in our shop and sometimes we get more than 5 people in at at time, This is then considered to be a public performance, I thought it was a prank call and told the telephone operator to Ferk off. Then I got the letter....OOPs. FSB said not to bother, If they pay you a visit offer to pay for the record they heard whilst in the shop and they dont have a leg to stand on.
I know its slightly off topic but it shows that whilst you try to make a go of it, there is always some bugger out there after a cut of your hard earned.
Good luck with BG, and yes they are shite
Old 13-Feb-2009, 06:34
GTL

Good rant, Martini. It does indeed sound like your assessment of them as incompetent fits the facts. Thank goodness they are only responsible for the supply of the one gas...just think how bad things would become if they could make us pay for air

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit