Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:22   #1
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Advertising of trackdays on this forum
Well it looks like big brother is watching so I have to be careful what I say

Flanks has taken it upon himself, with some assistance from one other member of the webteam to decide who can and who can’t post special offers here.

Unfortunately it appears that having Regional Organiser or some other such phrase at the foot of the posting counts for everything.

So I hope that all those members who enjoyed their day at Brands on the 4th will give me a call over the weekend find out what else were doing for the DSC

Gary
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:31   #2
Dibble

whhhooooooaaaaaa horsey ....

Gary,

Chill a second, i think it may be because of the fact that the MT haven't quite worked out their strategy for "Commercial Advertising" hence ALL advertising directly placed by the "Seller" is pulled ..... thats why we have no adverts for 100% / FE / No Limits etc ... or for many of the companies that provide valuable services to the DSC including Cornerspeed and Krispy Kremes (hey, allow me some humour)... this will resolve itself and maybe needs some impetus, which I think you may have just provided ....

Maybe we need a section of the board where companies could offer services \ good to the DSC at a deal that Joe Public can't have, be that cheaper, free collection, free delivery etc .. something that adds a little "DSC Value"
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:36   #3
Big Twin

i can understand that this is not supposed to be an advertising board for business,

but personally i value other members raising the awreness of members as to specail offers they have idenetified & sharing info re: where they will be doing trackdays etc

if your doing it for the DSC, ie special offer then why cant you post it?
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:51   #4
Webteam

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungi
if your doing it for the DSC, ie special offer then why cant you post it?

Because that's the policy that was decided at the AGM - and the mandate we as the Webteam have to operate under. It might not be perfect, and we are looking at ways to improve this because it is a contentious issue, but it's what we have to work to.

Gary - Singling out Flanks is akin to shooting the messenger. Both he and myself didn't make this policy but as the Webteam we police it. It's a DSC policy. We both discussed the response before he acted and I even viewed his u2u before it was sent to you to make sure it was fair etc.

I can perfectly understand if you take issue with this but please bear in mind that we have many members of this club who have their own businesses who do abide by this policy. If we allowed you to do it then they are either disadvantaged or we have to allow the floodgates open.

It's nothing personal and as Dibble says, Antonye's post was allowed because he is not directly connected to the company and therefore not benefitting directly from it. Yours is, even if the second one was posted by an alias.

We are not trying to be dictatorial with this so please be patient with us while we work on a system that is beneficial to the businesses run by members and the members themselves in an equitable manner.

I hope this clears things up.

Cheers,

TP
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:52   #5
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
mate - email me the offers you have and I'll post it for yer under 'big uup to' etc heading...after all, we post ebay stuff of interest dont we??
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:54   #6
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
so log in as someone else and tell us about this great deal that so and so are doing.
and we will all get hooked up toot sweat
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:55   #7
MotoGP God

like the avtar keef...
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:59   #8
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well I may be a member of the webteam but I'm a member of the club as well.

So thanks to Keefer and Bradders for creating more work for Flanks and me! Not.
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:00   #9
Big Twin

I dont really have a problem with the policy, as without it it would be an advertising board, but if its something that has gone via the club ie special offer of discount to members, perhaps there should be a category opened up for these things, it is a bit difficult some times to knowor keep track of exactly what discount the club membership entitles you to with organisations or companies. so could it not be posted by the web team if its likeley to be of interest or benefit to members?
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:02   #10
MotoGP God

sorry Tony - why are we creating work?

Not intended mate, just looking at ways in which I can help someone I know, like and respect and offers good value to us without incurring any issues on here.

seems we always disagree these days....good job our kids get on