Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Mar-2006, 02:50
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I'm not saying everything is bad.

There is a lot of good info, and we've had some good fun and well mannered debates.

However, occasionally it goes haywire and all hell breaks loose.

It has been mentioned many times about keeping certain stuff off the forum, and I'm guilty of going off on one more than most, but if there is no forum to kick off in, then any problems are contained in a non-public place.

Don't get me wrong, I love the DD forum, but it gives me headaches as well.

I don't see how there is a problem with the 'useful' stuff crossing over into other areas of the board, and things like the riders diaries can go on the desmo due website which Phillc built for the very purpose (amongst other purposes).

I'm not saying that this should all happen, but it may be an option to stop people falling out or getting upset. The last thing we want is for the series to self destruct. Soon you'll have MT members not wanting to get involved coz of all the bitching, and then there'll be no point in having a DD forum anyway!

Saying that people just need to control themselves just isn't realistic - unfortunately, but I'm sure we'd all cope somehow!!

Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:18
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by domski
Without wanting to get fingers pointing at anyone (coz we've all had a go at some point - even me)

Wouldn't it be easier to remove the DD forum altogether? Or perhaps keep the DD section on the forum, but only for the RC to post up important instructions/developments and points etc.

I think the series will still work perfectly happily without it.

There are loads of other sections for die hard forum geeks to post in, and it seems that 90% of the hassle eminates from the DD section.

A big part of what makes the series so good, is the precise reason that it kicks off so much - we have a say in how it's run - it's the best and worse thing about the series.

We can still have a say on how it's run, but just not on the forum and in public.

Let's keep it to Pronto and emails.

Nobody actively goes out to upset anyone, including the sponsors, so if that's happening, then just nip it in the bud.

What do you think?

You can still chat about stuff, but it would be in U2U's or emails - big deal!!

I can only assume from this that the change in your medication is finally working Either that or someone else wrote it while you were out getting some more burgers on the grill.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:29
BSB Star

Yeah, I'll do it now. I'll spend all day blocking, editing and removing every post about DD racing, call you all a bunch of knobs, and tell you to e mail your requests to the RC, because it's a conspiracy to not let all of you know what's going on.

(Has somone given me Dom's pills?)
Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:34
Dibble

why not just stop the DD forum appearing on the "Todays Posts" list and then people like me would be less tempted to pop in with our wooden spoons ....
Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:39
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Personally i'd remove it and set-up a new one on the other blokes DD site. one away from the MT, away from the club and away from me
Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:45
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
why not just stop the DD forum appearing on the "Todays Posts" list and then people like me would be less tempted to pop in with our wooden spoons ....

I think we've tried to do this, and it can't be done.

Anyway, I like you're wooden spoon. It's nice in a weird way!

(i think i need some sleep)

[Edited on 3-3-2006 by Flanks]
Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:46
888 at Last !!!

You people are in desperate need of a good 'kin RACE. All this will then be pointless and meaningless. I can see the posts now after the first DD session - "Oh how wonderful it all was" .. "My race report" etc etc. Too much pent up nervous competitive agression.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:47
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Personally i'd remove it and set-up a new one on the other blokes DD site. one away from the MT, away from the club and away from me

The there would be calls of censorship, lack of freedom of speech.

You know in men in black, that memory wiper, can i have one of those plz?
Old 03-Mar-2006, 09:47
BSB Star

Oh, and one of those black suits, and the merc. ta.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 10:24
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : weeksy2

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm...ge=1#pid299246