Old 18-Aug-2018, 19:56
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Ducati Factory Tour - September 2018

DSC Ducati Factory Tour - September 2018

UPDATED: Please note the date change to Weds 19th Sept!

All,

We are organising an exclusive DSC trip to the Ducati Factory in Bologna, Italy at the end of September, provisionally Weds 19th September.

We will fly into Bologna airport and go to the Factory where we will have lunch in the staff canteen. We will then have a tour of the factory and the museum. After a quick trip to the Factory Store, where all DSC members get extra discount, we will then head to a local restaurant for some genuine Italian food.

You then have the choice of flying back home, making this a cheap single day trip (just the cost of a return flight) or you can stay the night in Bologna and take in the local sights before returning the next day (or stay longer!) at your leisure.

The cost of the factory tour is free for DSC members. There is a charge for lunch in the staff canteen, around €8 a head. You will need to pay the (small) transfer fee from the airport to the factory, which was €1.50 on the bus last time we went! Flights can be really cheap if booked in advance; currently £16.99 with Ryanair from Stansted to Bologna one way! Obviously if you want to stay overnight you will need to factor in a hotel.

If you are interested in joining us, please reply below to let us know. Once we have confirmation of our booking, we will let everyone know flight details and reserve your spot.

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.

Last edited by webteam : 20-Aug-2018 at 22:38.
Old 20-Aug-2018, 22:39
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Exclamation

Note: we have changed the date to Weds 19th Sept due to a conference in Bologna during the original date which meant that all hotels were charging 4x their normal costs!

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.
Old 22-Aug-2018, 17:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I’m definitely going as I’ve booked my flight already

Anyone else?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 24-Aug-2018, 18:29
Bikes: Panigale 1199s and Z550 cafe racer project

Mood: Happy and optimistic
Factory tour flights

I am definitely interested. How many are going from Stansted and what flight? I just need to check work commitments before booking. What hotel do you stay in?
Old 25-Aug-2018, 15:09
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

There’s only one morning flight from Stansted via Ryanair!
You can easily do the trip in a day if you didn’t want to stay overnight, but there are loads of hotels to choose from in and around Bologna. Closest to the factory is Del Borgo which can be as cheap as €50 a night (tell them you’re going to Ducati and get a discount!) or pick a suitable hotel in the middle and enjoy an evening in Bologna.

If you do want to come I just need to know for the Factory so the have numbers in advance, but not until the week of 4th Sept.

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 27-Aug-2018, 20:58

If I go it will probably be for the day only as I will be going alone. I won’t know until Tuesday night after I’ve checked the holiday situation at work but if I can get the time off I will go. Do people stick around together in the evening or does everyone go there own way? How many are going roughly?
Old 27-Aug-2018, 23:54
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseym
If I go it will probably be for the day only as I will be going alone. I won’t know until Tuesday night after I’ve checked the holiday situation at work but if I can get the time off I will go. Do people stick around together in the evening or does everyone go there own way? How many are going roughly?

Not many interested at the moment! We need more names!

It all depends on what you want to do. I'm booked into a hotel for the night and I'm having a meal with local friends, but it's easy enough to head into the centre of Bologna and do some sightseeing and have a meal. Otherwise it's also easy enough to get to the airport and head home on the evening flight and be back in the UK by 8pm!

Just be aware that the longer you leave it to book flights, the prices will keep going up.

Old 28-Aug-2018, 18:53

I can’t get the day off so will go next year at some point. If anyone else wants to go next year maybe we can arrange something.
Old 29-Aug-2018, 10:18
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseym
I can’t get the day off so will go next year at some point. If anyone else wants to go next year maybe we can arrange something.

No worries, we will do this regularly now, so keep an eye on the website and Pronto magazine for updates

Old 14-Sep-2018, 15:33
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Thumbs up

This trip is now closed as bookings have been confirmed.

As above, we will be running more of these in the future so please check here on the website and Pronto magazine for more details.

There's also the DSC trip to EICMA Milan in November!

Last edited by Iconic944ss : 16-Sep-2018 at 13:49.