Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 24-Jan-2012, 20:14
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati 748r-853r / SF 1098s

Mood: ...much happier.
MCE

MCE seem to be one of the very few insurers out there that are prepared to insure a modified duke for a reasonable price - especially on a multi bike policy

----

... after x4 hours shopping around
Old 25-Jan-2012, 09:48
Bikes: Hypermotard, 600ss

Mood: Positively pensive
IIRC there were shed loads of people who had shocking problems with them when they actually needed to claim. Might have been a temporary glitch in customer services and I'm not 100% certain it was MCE - and can't check as t'other ducati website is still down. Have you tried Ducati Insurance who had no probs with my slightly tweaked Hyper? EBike also gave a fair quote and both seem to have a good reputation.
Old 25-Jan-2012, 10:55
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

I have been using eBike for 4 years (since I passed my test and got my first bike). I had 6 points, less than a year on my licence, and wanted to insure an 848 with about £10k of bling. I got a very fair quote, and when I threw it down the road they replaced like-for-like with no quibbles.
Old 25-Jan-2012, 11:14
Mille
Bikes: 750ss, 998s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat
IIRC there were shed loads of people who had shocking problems with them when they actually needed to claim. Might have been a temporary glitch in customer services and I'm not 100% certain it was MCE - and can't check as t'other ducati website is still down.

It was.
Old 25-Jan-2012, 23:04
Bevel Head

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat
IIRC there were shed loads of people who had shocking problems with them when they actually needed to claim. Might have been a temporary glitch in customer services and I'm not 100% certain it was MCE - and can't check as t'other ducati website is still down. Have you tried Ducati Insurance who had no probs with my slightly tweaked Hyper? EBike also gave a fair quote and both seem to have a good reputation.

Yup... Had a chat with Ducati Insurance, very helpful indeed. Advice was to bite their arm off & renew with Devitt (previous insurers). Fuming to find out that although I initially disclosed my 748 to 853 JHP mod, it wasn't actually recorded on the policy itself. When asking whether they will cover a modded bike their firm answer was no. but, but, but...., etc. not happy.

Never really appreciated that it was so much hassle insuring a modded bike.

MCE no quibbles £300 for 2 bikes. Not bad. Unmodded 748r £90 (no additional perks)

Already bit the bullet with MCE. :/ hmmmm.
Old 25-Jan-2012, 23:06
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
I have been using eBike for 4 years (since I passed my test and got my first bike). I had 6 points, less than a year on my licence, and wanted to insure an 848 with about £10k of bling. I got a very fair quote, and when I threw it down the road they replaced like-for-like with no quibbles.

Tried eBike... No mods allowed
Old 26-Jan-2012, 00:00
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
have you tried calling rather than online? Carol Nash are very good at finding cover others cant
Old 26-Jan-2012, 08:31
Bevel Head

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
have you tried calling rather than online? Carol Nash are very good at finding cover others cant

... I did the traditional "gocompare" and the "comparethemarket", then called through the top 5 to confirm engine mod. Tried Carol Nash - no mods

All sorted now tho with MCE - fingers crossed I won't bin the bike for another year
Old 26-Jan-2012, 11:20
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyford
Tried eBike... No mods allowed
Strange! I had mods from day 1 with them, and still have about £5k worth of extras listed on my policy.
Old 26-Jan-2012, 15:52
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Strange! I had mods from day 1 with them, and still have about £5k worth of extras listed on my policy.

From speaking to a few of the insurance companies, some are taking a different stance from what was explained i.e., Devitt has recently stopped offering multi-bike policies for new customers...