Old 24-Jul-2005, 21:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Robin,

Do you need another clue?

Rgds, Rob
Old 24-Jul-2005, 21:25
Ducati Meccanica

not sure yet rob, need some more clues mate.
Old 24-Jul-2005, 21:31
Ducati Meccanica

One more

Old 24-Jul-2005, 21:37
Ducati Meccanica

ahha, just I thought rob
would never have got that on a sunday mate.
that looks a mean piece of kit, what sort of spec is, when can we expect to see it.
Old 24-Jul-2005, 21:51
Ducati Meccanica

I's an SB8, Suzi TL1000 motor, composite carbon frame. Carbon seat unit , Paoli and Ohlins, La La, need I go on.....

Hmmmm, not 100% sure when we'll have one, I was looking at a DB2 but the management (Sue) has decided that this bit of automotive jewellry should be part of our life (LOL... don't you just love her?) so it looks like we'll be off to see it next week!

Rgds Rob
Old 24-Jul-2005, 21:57
Ducati Meccanica

go for it rob, the managment is allways wright mate.

cheers
robin
Old 24-Jul-2005, 22:17
Ducati Meccanica

She's a sweetie
Old 25-Jul-2005, 03:20
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Air Intake Modifications

First, open up the air intake ducts in the fairing. The main reason is because the total throttle body inlet area is about 3 sq. in. but the stock duct openings are only about 2.5 sq. in. So the highest restriction of intake air flow on a superbike is right at these upper cowl inlet openings.

You can remove this flow restriction by using a Dremel cut-off wheel to remove about 1/2-inch of the outer (extreme left or right) perimeter of the pie slice-shaped openings. This gives an additional 0.5 sq. in. of inlet area. More drastic surgery will give you twice the improvement, but it's really unnecessary.

I also removed the stock air inlet decorative screens. I could have left them out, but the problem is that the inlet screens are an important part of the bike's air filter system. They prevent debris, insects and small rodents from entering the air tubes and clogging up the foam filters that, in turn, prevent everything smaller from entering the engine. (So keep the screens clean too.)

Since I use Pipercross filters in the air inlet runners, filter access and cleaning is a time-consuming process, so, I replaced the stock screens with a less flow restrictive aluminum window screening material. I figured that the flow area of the window screening material is more than double that of the stock grill. It sure is a lot more transparent when you look through it.

Since the inlet screens quickly clog-up with debris and are somewhat difficult to clean, I also made removable pre-screens that are easier to clean - and as an added benefit - improve the air filtering without significantly limiting flow.

Here's how. Cut an additional piece of screening to fit the triangular intake opening. Leave an additional 1/4 in. all around to make tabs that fold back and hold the screen away from the screen on the fairing. The air pressure alone is enough keep them in place. Now all you have to do is to pull out the pre-screens for cleaning. The rear screens remain mostly clear of debris and are easily cleaned with compressed air.

Old 25-Jul-2005, 11:16
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
The best method to get rid of dead bugs is a Brillo pad & Vim!
Old 25-Jul-2005, 12:03
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Hoover, with a straw tied to it. Finally if that doesn't work, take off front fairing and push the residue through the mesh with a tooth or washing up brush.