Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Nov-2005, 17:45
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
yep, went into P&H on Friday ,and all Autocom stuff is 50% off.

They don't know for certain but rumour has it new versions will be bluetooth.
Old 15-Nov-2005, 17:22
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

thanks guys as I was in the Midlands today I popped in to Autocom who are near Lemington Spa and bought two complete systems Pro Rider Kit 6 with two no. Part 25 , part 12.7 & part 152.

This should provide rider to pillion, mobile phone, mp3 and will connect to a transceiver (walky talky) for bike to bike

Price £150 per machine, which is 50% mrp
Old 16-Nov-2005, 00:30
Ducati Meccanica

started to fit the first head set into the wifes helmet tonight and having problems sticking the speakers and mic into postion, the velcro supplied sticks so well to itself but when trying to adjust both parts come away from the helmet rather than unhooking one half from the other. What substance or tape did you guys use ?
Old 16-Nov-2005, 19:36
500SD

What we did was to position the ear pieces correctly in the helmet, then pulled the side cheeks out of our helmets (arais), trimmed the foam on them, and put the ear pieces under the lining of them. This stops them from moving about every time you put the helmet on.

Before we did this we found the ear pieces would presss on the tops of our ears and make them hurt after a days riding.

I also tie-wrapped the cable end to one of the cheeks (pushed tie-wrap therough behind foam and plastic backing). We found the cabling kept getting pulled out otherwise.

One final tip - make sure you put the mic boom the right way around as it says in the instructions, and have it so that when you purse your lips you can just touch it. If it is further away your partner won't be able to hear you at speed for all the wind noise.

Hope that helps
Old 07-Dec-2005, 07:27
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

give us some more updates on this John. I am looking at autocom or starcom and you feedback has been helpful so far.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 08:52
Montjuic
Bikes: 749R Race Bike

Mood: Happy
Me and a mate went to the Nec and were very tempted by Autocom to be honest. We eventually didnt because of me, basically, I didnt want to the hassle of trying to locate the unit on a 999. However, when we came away, we did a bit of research, and eventually bought the Pro 6, which can be powered by a 9v battery. So, we both bought one and chucked them in bum bags.

We use them with Alan Pmr446 radios, and I can honestly say they work like a dream. Tested at 130mph and still quality is fine (Both Astro Race lids).

What I would say however is, as mentioned before, fitting of the mic and headsets in the right location is essential, especially the mic.

Oh, and if you consider buying one, you may like to look on ebay, as this is where we got ours from. It was from a supplier in Guernsey (Vat Free), and the whole kit, Pro 6, phone lead, bike power lead, headset, mic, came to just under £120, cheaper than Autocom themselves.

This is the link to the seller, drop her a mail and check availability.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOCOM-HEADSE...cm dZViewItem

Neil
Old 07-Dec-2005, 10:38
Ducati Corse

All the current Autocom units are half price at the moment. Can't remember which one weve got but it fits under the seat and we both plug in and chat to each other like we are driving in the car. Its perfectly clear up to 70mph. I never go faster than that so i can't tell you anything more! I wear earplugs and my passenger doesn't and its not a problem. I have tried plugging a little radio into it so i can have some music on a long run. That worked fine as well although reception isn't brilliant but thats not autocoms fault.
All in all a superb bit of of kit and something i will certainly fit to my next bike.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 11:22
Ducati Meccanica

so far we have fitted ours into the wifes Shoei only and in the lounge with a 9v battery its works a treat.
Old 10-Dec-2005, 00:53
500SD

Steve,
glad to hear your getting them sorted okay.
Taking a bit of time at this stage saves a lot of frustration later on.

MDB, I'm not sure what other info you want to know. If I can help I will (assuming you were asking me in the first place ). If you mean with regard to the next generation sets, your best bet is to check with the dealers every couple of weeks. P&H told me last week they still do not know any more, and have been told by Autocomm they may not release the new range until all of the current stock is sold...

Cheers,
John.