Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Aug-2004, 17:37
Big Twin

Anyone seen one of these yet ?

The new Ducati Performance seat unit which is longer than the standard mono seat.

[Edited on 18-8-2004 by iang]
Old 19-Aug-2004, 18:05

Mood: grizzly
Yep, I had one on order for ages and when it arrived I told the dealer they could keep it. It looks like a tart's handbag with more vents than a souped up XR3i / Citröen Saxo - depending on your age! While I can see that it looks like the rear seat unit on the Desmosedici (at least as it began life in 2004), for me it did not fit in with the design and looks of the 749/999. Plus it was over £400.

Instead I bought a long mono tail from motowheels.com and am having it sprayed as we speak - all for less than the official seat. http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber &productID=2411&showDetail=1&categoryID=449|Ducati %20749%2D999%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&c ollection=168%7CItalian%20Motorcycle%20Parts

I have some better photos of the motowheels seat unit if you want to see them. Email me at tom@eidosnet.co.uk

Hope this helps,
Tom
Old 19-Aug-2004, 18:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
To each their own, I guess. The best way to improve to tail section of the 999 is to get Louise Brady in that Ducati cat suit to sit on it!

Mind, it may cost even more than 400 quid!
Old 19-Aug-2004, 18:52
Montjuic

Mood: happy
my local dealer in norfolk has one,(veloce's in swardston).i was going to get one but managed to get a mono subframe and seat for the same money. if you go to www.flamingocorse.it you can see a picture of one on a bike' it looks like the same unit.
Old 26-Aug-2004, 10:10
Ducati Kip

Quote:
Originally posted by GrizzlyHippo
Yep, I had one on order for ages and when it arrived I told the dealer they could keep it. It looks like a tart's handbag with more vents than a souped up XR3i / Citröen Saxo - depending on your age! While I can see that it looks like the rear seat unit on the Desmosedici (at least as it began life in 2004), for me it did not fit in with the design and looks of the 749/999. Plus it was over £400.

Instead I bought a long mono tail from motowheels.com and am having it sprayed as we speak - all for less than the official seat. http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber &productID=2411&showDetail=1&categoryID=449|Ducati %20749%2D999%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&c ollection=168%7CItalian%20Motorcycle%20Parts

I have some better photos of the motowheels seat unit if you want to see them. Email me at tom@eidosnet.co.uk

Hope this helps,
Tom

Each to there own, I guess I'm a bit of a tart got one fitted to my 749 (from Veloce in Norfolk) and i really like it!!!