MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Yep thats him!
Old 28-Jun-2012, 06:26
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo
Could have been, can't remember his name. Was on the UKMOC day at Malloy last year. Loads of 1st time track dayers, and the novice briefing was delivered as thought he really didn't want to be there... Plus was slating Ducati's ("I had one, it blew up" etc etc), despite knowing most of the day was taken by monster riders!

At lunch, a friend asked for tuition later that afternoon. He huffed, and puffed, and then asked another instructor to take him out!

Even so, all the other no limits guys are excellent, and I won't let him ruin my perception that they are a top class track day provider!

That's him. We where there and one lady next to us nearly went home because of his poor novice briefing and lax attitude.
Old 07-Aug-2012, 22:08
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
MSV or NL

Liking MSV more nowadays a cost a bit more but never as full

FE are not great but cheaper tend to pack then in upto the track limit and mix the ability groups to fill it up

Fast guys in novice not a great combo
Old 08-Aug-2012, 02:01
Montjuic

done a fair few euro events with FE and found them to be quite good on the whole. the boss kevin is a bit of a meglomaniac at times but their events seem to be well run, accomodation v good. and the rest of the staff are lovely. they also get some really good instructors such as neil hodgson, steve plater, Niall mackenzie, simon crafar.

obe theing they do that i like is that they use a transponder on each of the bikes so they can adjust the groups as necessary to keep the faster ppl away from the slower ppl which i found generaly makes things safer and more fun as you dont end up with fast group ppl in the novices just becoause the fast group had sold out

found NL to be a bit all over the shop and their communication very poor tbh, i was also on the UKMOC trackday last year and found the nl staff quite indifferent and that one particluar guy unpleasant at best.

tracksense are quite good by but a bit more expenisve

used to like Hot trax before their track day arm went under
Old 13-Aug-2013, 12:37
Bikes: 1199 Panigale

Italian Bike Trackdays

Anyone been with Italian Bike Trackdays before? Only seem to have a few days & no online mechanism for booking - looks legitimate enough. Thinking of booking with them for Snetterton on 15th Sept
Old 18-Jul-2014, 13:36
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Im a NL person. Had some instruction of a top bloke, Glenn I think. Looking to use them again soon.
Old 10-Oct-2014, 00:28
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
I've got to admit that I never thought I'd say this but it's a thumbs up for Focused for me. Their Euro trips especially Almeria are fantastic value and well organised.

The last NL day I did was Donington last August anf it was horrible, 9 red flags in the morning alone plus people crashing after the chequered flag means we won't be rushing back to them again.
Old 21-Oct-2014, 17:04
Bikes: Ducati 999s, Honda Fireblade, Suzuki GSXR750

Mood: Always up for a laugh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej
I've got to admit that I never thought I'd say this but it's a thumbs up for Focused for me. Their Euro trips especially Almeria are fantastic value and well organised.

The last NL day I did was Donington last August anf it was horrible, 9 red flags in the morning alone plus people crashing after the chequered flag means we won't be rushing back to them again.

Think you get good and bad days with every TDO - its up to us the riders to make them good!