Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Sep-2009, 08:56
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
class b

on my class b bike the h rated tyres have been great, just the way i like them, maybe the class a bikes should be aloud a 'grippier' tyre which could help to widen the gap a bit more.

you can ride as fast as you, your bike and your tyres will allow, any faster and you may crash!
Old 21-Sep-2009, 14:54
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Seriously, give it a rest on the tyres.

Is it SO obvious that there is a conspiracy between Pirelli, DSC, Holbeach, New Era, Shell, Marlboro, Ducati and Chris Bushell to make it as hard as possible to buy tyres, they even had to make up a story about a letter of liability. Its been going on for the last 5 years!!

Simply put together an alternate proposal from another supplier, submit via the right channels, in the right way and be done with it.

Maybe?
Old 21-Sep-2009, 18:13
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Wets?

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 21-Sep-2009, 18:48
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynep
Wets?

You have only to look at the times from last years Brands meeting to see that the present tyres are good enough for the job at this moment in time.

Chris
Old 21-Sep-2009, 22:15
Mille

To BOTH Chris'...........Its nothing to do with whether the tyre gives any improvement in performance, but whether EQUAL performance can be had whilst getting a better, cheaper deal that in no way is detrimental to the series but reduces the cost to the participant rider....after all, keeping costs down........thats what the 'powers that be' keep banging on about, isnt it?
Old 21-Sep-2009, 23:44
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
To BOTH Chris'...........Its nothing to do with whether the tyre gives any improvement in performance, but whether EQUAL performance can be had whilst getting a better, cheaper deal that in no way is detrimental to the series but reduces the cost to the participant rider....after all, keeping costs down........thats what the 'powers that be' keep banging on about, isnt it?

David, I was replying to Pauls request for Wets, not any change of tyre manufacturer.
If you add a set of wet's into the equation you will need two sets of wheels, front & rear paddock stands etc, the costs soon mount up.
I have not dissed your request for a differaent make of tyre, as Chris said, get the data, and put it to Gordon, he is the DD RC fella.

Chris
Old 22-Sep-2009, 11:18
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
You have only to look at the times from last years Brands meeting to see that the present tyres are good enough for the job at this moment in time.

Chris

I just felt that 70-odd posts in and we'd done ECUs, tyre make, 695s, number of rounds etc like we do every year and no one had mentioned wets yet, so I would

Someone else can bring up the points system, fork mods for Class B, mixed grids, protest procedure etc old chestnuts up!

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 22-Sep-2009, 12:12
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998

Good point, please preface with:

'In your opinion'

Costs or value - perception is a variable beast.

Who are the mysterious, 'powers that be'?
Old 22-Sep-2009, 12:36
500SD

Mood: Moto Guzzi are the new Ducati??
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynep
I just felt that 70-odd posts in and we'd done ECUs, tyre make, 695s, number of rounds etc like we do every year and no one had mentioned wets yet, so I would

Someone else can bring up the points system, fork mods for Class B, mixed grids, protest procedure etc old chestnuts up!

Up your own chesnuts matey.....and trump you with mi tyre warmers!
Old 22-Sep-2009, 12:38
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Good point, please preface with:

'In your opinion'

Costs or value - perception is a variable beast.

Who are the mysterious, 'powers that be'?

Chris,

Well put, there has not been a formal/written request to the RC to consider the choice of tyres that the series might run. There has been a lot of speculation and words on the forum earlier in the season, but that is not a proposal.

Ultimately we are not aware of any racer that is not happy to race on the Pirelli's, in fact they would seem to be suitable for the series under all conditions and the main thing is that the manufacturer has signed off on that.

Yes we could look at wets, but as Chris.P pointed out that increases costs for all involved, not saving costs. With regard to using a "cheaper" tyre, the ultimate decision is not cost but rider safety on track - can anyone show that in any way the Pirelli is lacking in suitability?