Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Jun-2009, 12:53
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
never been, must do it sometime soon while I can drink as much beer as I can and ride as fast as I can...be too old soon
Worth it just for Mad Sunday.Nice to do a couple of laps in the daytime with all the loons and numpties,.......even better to do it in the early evening when they have all gone to tea.
Old 07-Jun-2009, 23:06
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

or get up at 430 and wake everyone else up on the campsite before doing a quick lap.

Only two more sleeps till we go and because of the rescheduling we should, weather permitting get an extra race in the four days we are there.

If you have never been make sure you do it soon, with all the doom mongers you never know when it might get axed !
Old 07-Jun-2009, 23:08
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

and as someone else said hats off to ITV 4 great roundups and they didnt employ Mike Brewer but got Whit and Stavros with the Irish fellah
Old 08-Jun-2009, 09:06
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Stavros was on a 1098 last night. Said it was "Excellant".
Old 08-Jun-2009, 10:43
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
ah memories, know what oyu mean Keith, been three times and will return one day as it's a fabulous way to spend a week off work, sitting huddled behind some wall for hours waiting for the races to start, mist on the mountain, cold drizzle, everything you have is damp, only sheep and a copy of MCN for company....then the sun comes out and the racing starts and the beers flow and it's paradise, nothing like it...every biker should experience it.

Said before on here, but watching in the eitghties when Steve Hislop broke down right next to us and basically sat with us watching the racing with his bike up against a wall until recovery truck arrived...wish I'd known at the time he was going to become one of my favourite riders.

TV coverage has been excellent, we don't say it often, but well done to the TV boys.

WeeJohnyB
Old 10-Jun-2009, 11:12
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
More mega coverage, it's on every day/evening.

Yesterdays supersport race was mega, three or four bikes battling on the road, never mind corrected time.

In the superstock race the bikes are lapping only a couple of mph less than the superbikes

Suzook are having a nightmare TT.

Ray.
Old 10-Jun-2009, 12:48
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
If you're not watching this, you should, the racing is superb and the coverage is quite amazing - the super slow motion camera work is quite astonishing, you can see every movement of the bike and the rider inputs and their eyes staring into the distance, never seen coverage like it

WeeJohnyB
Old 10-Jun-2009, 13:59
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
If you're not watching this, you should,

I'm watching and as you say the coverage is remarkable if not a little frightening, having covered the course quite a few times It amazes me the speeds they get up to through some of the more dangerous sections and the shots of Milkys crash in the TT History program just go to show how easily an accident can happen.
The quality of the racing is brilliant and you do feel sorry for those that break down such as Bruce Anstey and Michael Dunlop, more so Bruce having done most of the hard work by the time he went out of the Supersport TT.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Jun-2009, 14:10
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
the slow mo over agos leap was unreal...3 of them in a line and I think it was Ansty landed crossed up and watching the flex in the rear tyre makes you think...that and the lan angle McGuiness was carrying on the gooseneck (??) makes you wince
Old 10-Jun-2009, 17:38
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
This one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVCcMQ7fumM

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit