Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Aug-2006, 21:03
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
Unhappy service time

can any one point me in the right direction for sevicing ,,its a belt change biggy ..been quoted £830inc vat at corner speed.is there any where else in the midlands ..its on a 999 and will have done 3000miles
Old 10-Aug-2006, 21:19
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc daz
can any one point me in the right direction for sevicing ,,its a belt change biggy ..been quoted £830inc vat at corner speed.is there any where else in the midlands ..its on a 999 and will have done 3000miles

Cornerspeed is the right direction, try a quote from JHP or big shop front dealer then compare ... you'll soon be calling Nelly back and booking it in ..... really is the only place for it mate ...
Old 10-Aug-2006, 21:31
500SD

Id recommend Cornerspeed every time,but options are:-
Ducati John,Leeds - 12k mile service 999 £425-500.
Ducati Leeds - £45+vat/hour "Ducati menu pricing is the maximum it COULD cost,not what it WILL cost".
WL Racing - Oulton Park,good reputation
GTEC - Market Harborough,again good reputation.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 14:28
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka.eric
Id recommend Cornerspeed every time,but options are:-
Ducati John,Leeds - 12k mile service 999 £425-500.
Ducati Leeds - £45+vat/hour "Ducati menu pricing is the maximum it COULD cost,not what it WILL cost".
WL Racing - Oulton Park,good reputation
GTEC - Market Harborough,again good reputation.

Billy? not an authorised dealer and doesn't do servicing as such, all his engines are done by Gtec (Geoff Green ex JHP), he's more bolt on thus the name bolt on billy
Old 11-Aug-2006, 15:42
500SD

Wink Like I said . . .

That price just takes the bloody pi*s - BIG TIME!!!

You can get a f*cking 911 major service done for less - including the bl*ody parts + f*cking VAT!!

Come one people - get real - its only a f*cking motorbike - I dont care how "good" you recon he is - its not worth £850 - its just taking the p*ss out of us - the people who keep f*cking Ducati & their p*ss taking STEALERS in business - especially when you consider that at the end of year 2 its out of poxy Warranty anyway - an indie is a much more sensible proposition!!!

Khushy

(did I get enough "F" words in - cause people who take the f*cking p*ss - f*ck me right off - W*NKERS!!)

By the looks of it - prices from Dealers are NOT set in stone - hence the variance - so its COMMERCIAL SUICIDE to take the p*ss out of your customers - however loyal YOU think they are - they WILL get f*cked off eventually - value for money and TRUST is where its at!

GET REAL - STOP TAKING THE PI*SS!!!

Last edited by khushy : 11-Aug-2006 at 16:32.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 16:03
Big Twin

Mood: r
Quote:
Originally Posted by khushy
That price just takes the bloody pi*s - BIG TIME!!!

You can get a f*cking 911 major service for less - including the bl*ody parts + f*cking VAT!!

Come one people - get real - its only a f*cking motorbike - I dont care how "good" you recon he is - its not worth £850 - its just taking the p*ss out of us the people who keep f*cking Ducati in business - especially when you consider that at the end of year 2 its out of poxy Warranty anyway - an indie is a much more sensible proposition!!!

Khushy

(did I get enough "F" words in - cause people who take the f*cking p*ss - f*ck me right off - W*NKERS!!)

By the looks of it - prices from Dealers are NOT set in stone - hence the variance - so its commercial suicide to take the p*ss with your customers - however loyal YOU THINK they are - they will get f*cked off eventually - value for money is where its at!

GET REAL - DONT TAKE THE PI*SS!!!
as nelly has said-its sorted between him & duk-daz.im sure this can be easy resovled.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 18:35
500SD

Unhappy

well guys thanks for all your reply,s,,,,i will spend the next few weeks getting quotes..authorised dealers will always be exspensive i reckon but guys like me who can not afford those prices will have to work a bit harder in finding cheap but good ducati machanic,s
Old 11-Aug-2006, 18:41
500SD

Unhappy

can you give me names and telephone numbers of ducati servicing if possible guys ,,many thanks
Old 14-Aug-2006, 19:11
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
Billy? not an authorised dealer and doesn't do servicing as such, all his engines are done by Gtec (Geoff Green ex JHP), he's more bolt on thus the name bolt on billy

John, thats well out of order, and to post that really is a bit of a cheap shot.
Lets get the facts here.
Most full rebuilds are done by geoff green and customers are not duped and are made well aware of this. We are talking race stuff and RS's here. Road or race bikes requiring top end work or work with the motor in situ is done on the ramps.
All servicing is done in house either by billy or ducati trained lads.
As for authorised, i think you will find that now with the backing from ducati manchester he is not far from being authorised.
Also worth noting, the dyno is not far from completion.

To say "bolt on" is harsh, he knows his stuff and i have no problem entrusting my full top end rebuild to him, and can confirm that the bike since i have had it back and managed over 1200 miles on has never felt so good and ran so well. Ok it may be an old crappy 916 which hardly is the latest cream of the crop, but it still requires the same eye for detail and effort spent in setting it up. The only bolt on bit was the ducati tool which detected a faulty coil when plugged into my ECU which i didnt even know about when riding it.

I think anyone thats had anything done by billy would have no problem in using him again, and was more than happy with the service he offers. Granted being a mate i would say that, and i am always at the back of the queue for work done, but having seen him work and his knowledge even if i didnt know him i would still entrust him with my bike. Besides if he was simply bolt on why is he always busy with a long waiting list for work to be booked in ?

If it wasnt for people like billy and nelly's then i bet that there would be a large chunk less of people owning ducati's. Its these guys that keep the small guys like me living the dream and offering workmanship and service that the majority of the dealers can only dream about and picking and choosing the work they take on. Infact if more people used good independants like the two above then perhaps some of the dealers would find it hard to keep going if they didnt have that little rubber stamp for the service book and people so worried about ducati's warranty.
However the way i see it, with sales figures dropping for the superbike range, it will mean alot less bikes needed the dealer stamp in the near future, and once the 3 years is up these owners may look at getting work done elsewhere as that ducati stamp is less of an issue.
Old 10-Aug-2006, 21:40
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
I had a minor service + belt change at approx 3500 miles at an official Ducati dealer in the South. I opted not to have the valve clearances checked as service interval is 6000 miles. Cost me £290 all in.