Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jan-2005, 16:46
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Nice one cheers matey
Old 14-Jan-2005, 16:53
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
okey dokey.
Old 17-Jan-2005, 23:02
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
sounds like your not having much luck with that bike of yours mate

i havent got a clue how to fix your bike but from what ive read i would nt bother using the optimate again, i have 1 on the garage wall but im waiitng for my brother to run the electric to it. my p plate 748 starts first time every time so far and im not trusting it with the optimate now

the other thing ive read is not to trust some of the optimates from ebay as theyre waht oxford products refused under quality control issues

hope you get it sorted out soon

dave
Old 18-Jan-2005, 12:33
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
sounds like your not having much luck with that bike of yours mate

dave

Yeah so far it has only really cost me money for not that much in return. I never had a single problem with the R6

Thanks to Jasper my 748 is alive and kicking again! He was very kind to me and gave me his number so he could talk me through the problems. The battery was indeed duff so i got a replacement and after i had charged it the bike started first time on the buton

I then went on a cracking ride out with a load of people from another website im a member of (www.hullbikers.com) It was a bit slippery but really cool to be out again. The bit was a real state after but its looking good again now. I am the only Ducati owner on the site so far so if any of you are in this area please have a look.

Thanks again for all the help given by everyone since i started this thread. I hope i wont have to ask anymore stupid "why wont it start?" questions again soon!!

Roll on summer
Chris
Old 18-Jan-2005, 13:07
Ducati Corse

Glad it's all up and running.Chris,you could always join the Yorkshire ride outs.Drop Ray an E-mail and get yourself put on the mailing list.