Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Aug-2011, 11:05
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Ducatisti site down

Hi Ducati Lovers,

Monday 8th August @ 06:00am
Sorry people but I have to close the site for a while simply because I'm so far behind with my Admin duties and essential maintenence. I appreciate that with 150,000 visitors to 'Ducatisti' a month there are going to be a lot of you that aren't going to be best pleased with me doing this, however my home life (and the addition of a Baby Dan) has had to take all my attention lately so Ducatisti has had to suffer unfortunately.

So the site will be closed at least for a few days until I can catch up, but rest assured I'll reopen the chat as soon as I'm able.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Dan

Now where can you go to ask where to put the tax disc on a 1098 ?
Old 08-Aug-2011, 16:15
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I spotted a Multistrada! Was it you?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 08-Aug-2011, 16:40
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
you guys can mock....but you can only dream of the traffic that is generated over there compared to here these days

so when is the DSC taking the site over then?
Old 08-Aug-2011, 16:57
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

It's only banter Bradders, and exactly the kind of banter that I've participated in on Ducatisti. I'll be very sad to see the site go for multiple reasons, not just because it's a damn good site.

As for the DSC, we've never had any interest in "taking over" the site, and I believe that was a bit of stirring done by certain persons that weren't worth the effort to respond to. I did hear that the DOCGB were interested so they could merge and bring their own site up to date, but I don't know if that was just rumours too, but obviously it would mean Ducatisti going to pay-per-view if it did.

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 08-Aug-2011, 19:38
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Paul,

As Ant said it was light hearted banter, the DSC has had a lot more stick from posters on Ducatisti in the past,

Now where do i put that tax disc!!!!!
Old 08-Aug-2011, 20:30
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I know, just partaking
Old 24-Feb-2012, 09:18
Bikes: Multistrada 1200

Mood: Grumpy old man :-)
Ducatisti forums down again wef 10Dec2011

Quote:
Dear Ducatisti
Saturday 10th December @ 3:27am
Sorry everybody but I'm having to turn the site off for a while as home life and the 9-5 has once again had to take priority over my Ducati online antics. I'll have Ducatisti up and running as soon as I can and update you here when I know more.

I apologise once again for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Dan

An update is somewhat overdue Dan? I have 'heard' that there is a likelihood that the forums may never be reopened, see here:
http://www.facebook.com/UK.MTS1200.O...71079653003686

I know a number of guys have tried to contact you with the offer of assistance and/or with offers to take over the Ducatisti site from you but nobody has had any reply
I emailed you myself to suggest that a static/closed version of the site be reinstated at least for reference, many people invested a lot of time and effort sharing information and technical advice for the benefit of others and I know there are an awful lot of 'frustrated' Ducatisti out there who would appreciate being able to get access to this information.

I hope all is well with you and that you and your family.
Old 24-Feb-2012, 12:09
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Andy,

I don't think you'll get a response here as I don't believe Dan comes here or is even registered.

It does open up a debate about the worth of privately owned websites compared to a true members club - somewhere like Ducatisti belongs to an owner who can (and has!) closed it down on a whim, whereas the DSC belongs to the members and no one person has control over the site to force its closure.

I can understand that people get upset when they have spent time (and in some cases money!) supporting a website only for it to close, but that is unfortunately the way that things happen sometimes in businesses.

There are plenty of other free alternatives should people want to go to them instead, and the DSC itself has most of the website open to those who register for free, but we take pride that the DSC is much more than just the website, especially after I've just spent the last three nights bagging over 300 copies of "Pronto", our club magazine!!

As they say: you pay your money and take your choice.

Old 24-Feb-2012, 13:56
Mille

I was only thinking about this today!

Sureley lots of the pages are cached? I have pulled up bits and pieces from the archives using cached pages when they popped up on google searches. Obviously running a search through Ducatisti would be easier, but at lease some of the info is retreivable this way.

- in firefox, click the arrows the the left of the search result in google
- click the blue "cached" hyperlink

Doesn't solve the issues, but might help anyone who doesn't know about cached pages and knows roughly what to search for in google
Old 01-Mar-2012, 14:56
Bikes: Multistrada 1200

Mood: Grumpy old man :-)
Good idea Steve but it looks like cached pages are being overwritten by the Ducatisti's down holding page already....just tried 3 searches, only one of the 3 came up with the original forum thread and then if it's a multiple page topic you can't access the other pages ;-(

Thanks Antony....realised my error now, thought post one was a post by Dan (i.e. 'Bionicle' = Dan) but realise now that Bionicle had just copied and pasted Dans comments from the Ducatisti forums holding page at the time.

Andy
www.MTS1200.info
http://facebook.com/UK.MTS1200.Owners

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit