Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Oct-2005, 15:13
888 at Last !!!

Nice write JPM. Looks like you guys had lots of fun there.

I'm planning to go to Jerez soon, but it's much closer for me

BTW who's organizing the td there in January? Any link?

[Edited on 15-10-2005 by Ducnow]
Old 15-Oct-2005, 15:18
GTL

http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/EuroDates.htm
Old 15-Oct-2005, 18:49
888 at Last !!!

Thanks Ian
Old 15-Oct-2005, 19:59
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Great write-up Jon, thanks for sharing that!

What towns did you see? I visited Andalucia a while back, wanted to see Jerez but ran out of time. Did you manage to get to Ronda or Granada?
Old 15-Oct-2005, 21:37
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
yeahh man.. great story..glad you guys had fun!!!
wish I was there!!
Ciao
brogins
Old 17-Oct-2005, 11:45
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Nice one Jon glad you and Lil had a good time. Does this mean you will be regular Euro td'ers

....Jon, watch this space, after this trip yes definitely, laid back no stress and 4 days on one of the best circuits there is!! does life get any better?

Quote:
Originally posted by Loz
Great write-up Jon, thanks for sharing that!

What towns did you see? I visited Andalucia a while back, wanted to see Jerez but ran out of time. Did you manage to get to Ronda or Granada?

Loz, didn't get to them no, we basically arrived in the concrete Jungle known as Malaga, loaded up the car and left quick sharp!! eventually finding our first stop in a small coastal resort called Estepona, on the beach by 2pm The next day we drove down to Gibraltar, had a day out there, did the tours etc (quite informative) then drove onto Cadiz where we found a great 4* literally two steps from the beach so by 7pm we still had an hour chilling on there, the next day we headed slightly further North to Rota (probably 45 minutes drive from Cadiz) driving through the new part of town to the old part where it was just so stunning, so set up camp at one of the best Hotel's I've seen, it's own private beach and again snoozed, drank etc there before having an evening of Old Spain. Finally from there we went up to Seville for a days sight seeing, this must be one of the most picturesque cities I have ever seen, the architecture is stunning, we wished we had more time so we could spend a few days there, then back to Jerez
Old 17-Oct-2005, 12:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Jon,

Great write up.

Many thanks,

Rob
Old 17-Oct-2005, 14:04
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Good un Jon

Sounds like it was fantastic

I'm as jealous as a green person!!!!
Old 17-Oct-2005, 14:10
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
...There's always next year Steve... and I think there's a large amount of interest from DSC peeps to sort one out dates/costs permitting
Old 17-Oct-2005, 20:44
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Loz, didn't get to them no, we basically arrived in the concrete Jungle known as Malaga, loaded up the car and left quick sharp!! eventually finding our first stop in a small coastal resort called Estepona, on the beach by 2pm The next day we drove down to Gibraltar, had a day out there, did the tours etc (quite informative) then drove onto Cadiz where we found a great 4* literally two steps from the beach so by 7pm we still had an hour chilling on there, the next day we headed slightly further North to Rota (probably 45 minutes drive from Cadiz) driving through the new part of town to the old part where it was just so stunning, so set up camp at one of the best Hotel's I've seen, it's own private beach and again snoozed, drank etc there before having an evening of Old Spain. Finally from there we went up to Seville for a days sight seeing, this must be one of the most picturesque cities I have ever seen, the architecture is stunning, we wished we had more time so we could spend a few days there, then back to Jerez

Malaga - yeah, concrete abounds. I think it has a few nice churches though, if you're into architecture and stuff.
Estepona was just like Bognor Regis or Worthing, except there's more Brits to be found in Estepona.
Gilbraltar is gorgeous, I loved that place. I have a photo I took from the top of the Rock, with a jet flying below me. Breathtaking view.

I didn't rate Cadiz though, seemed dirty unlike the other towns we visited. There was a surreal moment in one of the backstreets where we happened upon a pile of handbags in the street, with all their contents emptied out. My wife at the time was saying "GET ME OUT OF HERE!". God knows what had been going on.

I really wanted to go to Seville, but, again like with Jerez, we ran out of time.

Cheers, glad you had a great time.