Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-Oct-2009, 20:40
Montjuic

Winter Gloves

Hi Guys,

Went out on the bike today and the hands got chilly pretty quickly!

Just wondered what winter/waterproof gloves you guys use. I love those crisp winter days but don't want frozen fingers if I can help it!

Unfortunatly alpinestars are too small for me even in XXL but all recommendations gladly accepted!

Wes
Old 19-Oct-2009, 22:23

Wes,
Not sure about the waterproof side, but for warmth I always use heated grips. Don't look great but warm and full control in any weather, even when your hands are wet. Heated glove liners are also available, but too fiddly and time consuming for me.
Old 20-Oct-2009, 00:37
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
I wear Dainese d-dry shorty gloves. They don't have any fancy carbon on them, but are nice and toasty.
Also agree that heated grips do the job for those really frosty mornings, or really moist days.The latest oxford heated grips are the best I've tried, with the possible exception of bmw grips that get so sodding hot you can't hold on to them for long on max setting.
Old 20-Oct-2009, 08:18
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Ive got a pair of Hein Gericke Pathan gloves.They come in two styles,the two finger 'lobster claw' or the normal five finger.I went for the five finger ones,....cost about £40.I used them on some of the BHCN rideouts in the depths of winter.They do keep your fingers warm but the downside is,they are a bit on the bulky side.They take a bit of wearing in and you lose some of the feel from the controls.
Just looked on the HG website,and they have 25% off all winter goves at the moment.You could get a bargain there.
http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/1/news/25Off_Oct_2009.php
Old 21-Oct-2009, 05:47
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

I use Tourmaster gloves, but I don't know if they are available in the UK. They have a variety of winter gloves that are not too bulky and pretty toasty/water proof.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit