Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Jul-2006, 22:18
Mille

Mood: what a day, a year, a life it's been
Recommended tyres?

Time to change the tyres on my 600SS.

Any suggestions which tyres i should go for?

I do so few miles I'm more interested in grip and stability than longevity.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 22:32
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
Diablos definitely, fitted some a few months ago and i love 'em. Even from cold they feel like you can just chuck it on its side, in my modest opinion..ahem.

ant
Old 23-Jul-2006, 22:38
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
pirelli diablos-front and rear lasted a little over 4000 miles good in the wet excellent in the dry i run mine at 30 on the front and 34 on the rear-only ever had three slides on them which was probably down to poor road surface and over enthusiasm and forty odd dd racers cant be wrong!!!
Old 24-Jul-2006, 15:11
Mille

Mood: Fed up I'm not racing. :-(
I used them on the road, and now race my DD bike on them. I can't rate them highly enough. At the last meeting I messed up one corner (@ Oulton Park) and trail braked at some ludicrous angle around the outside of one bend. They just gripped and gripped. Frankly I thought I was a gonner but they held. For road tyres they have to be the dogs. Warm up quick too.
Old 25-Jul-2006, 09:12
500SD

Mood: Smiles
Bridgestones 020, so they're sticky on edge but you get loads of miles and can even do commuting if you do, they're dual compound and i get about 8000 miles to a tyre on those, they're brill, great in the wet loads of confidence,

i hated the the mez tyres on any bike, (My old SV had them) just can't get on with those, and diablo's are ok but find them a little 'hard' and dont' last all that long.
Old 26-Jul-2006, 03:55
Mille

My wife has BT-014's on her SS and loves them. Great grip...three track days so far, and still gonna squeeze 7,000 out of them. Tire technoligy is soo good you can have your cake and eat it too these days. I have been more than happy with the Pilot Powers I have (8,200 miles out of the last set) but I'm gonna try the 014's on my 749 just to try something new and it's a great looking tire.
Old 30-Jul-2006, 21:20
Mille

Mood: what a day, a year, a life it's been
I went for the Diablos in the end. Taking it easy whilst they bed in, but they feel very good. Bike turns smoothly, grip feels good and the front no longer twitches over white lines. Got them at Universal Tyres in Chelmsford £195 pair, fitted to loose wheels.