Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Feb-2005, 22:05

headlight problems PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

my headlight on my 749 has stopped working i have checked the fuse and holder with a circuit tester and they are fine, the bulbs fine as i hard wired it straight to the battery and it works. The switches are fine and theres power going through my only thought now is the relay but i dont want to treck all the way over to Shipley get one and find its ok.

i have checked the wires on the relay and have the following Purple always positive, orange and blue negative, red and green positive when the switch is turned to the headlight position, grey and black positive when the switch is turned to the headlight position

PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!! IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT AND DONT HAVE MUCH OF IT TO START WITH
Old 01-Mar-2005, 07:28
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hmm,according to my 999 handbook,the wire colours at the relay are red/yellow and red/green.And on the other side,red/yellow grey/black.Ive not looked at it on the actual bike to confirm.
Those little black Siemens relays that Ducati fit these days are *****e,Ive had to replace a few on the wifes Monster.Cost around £4.50 each.
Have you checked all the multipin connectors near the headstock?There have been a few bikes where the wiring has been pulled tight and the connectors come loose.It could be a loose connection anywhere,as the CPU commands everything on the bike.All the h/bar switches do is send a signal down to tell the CPU you want the lights on.
Sorry I'm not much help.